|Fear|

Chapter 11: Fear

Evana's POV

When I said that I was going to chill the whole weekly vacation, I didn't add unexpectedly showing up at a random party in a boring biege tops and black tights barely ending up at my ankle. It was truly embarrassing, considering my newborn popularity and reputation. Like who would expect an actress to show up at a fabulous party held by the 'Businessman Of The Year' in the ugliest clothes she could ever find in her closet?

Not me, nor does anyone.

People stared at me with their judgemental eyes and snickered for looking like a lost patient under party lights. But thankfully, none of them recognized me as Evana Hale. That was a relief. As long as no one recognizes who I am, I'm free. And I don't care about how they remark at my appearance.

Mr. Orlando accompanied me through the rest of the time I stayed at the party, drinking lightly and casually asking about how my healing process was going and some useless talks. The latter part was done on my behalf, since he was the less talkative one - he was the listener. The strangest thing was he never smiled through the whole conversation, partly justifying my suspicion on him. He looked a bit nervous while talking and mostly tried to keep his gaze on the party people, making me pout a little from inside and eventually making me leave the party using my medication as an excuse.

Though he didn't match with my expected description completely, but his nervousness - which seemed like he was trying to hide something from me - seemed to somehow fit in, I couldn't be sure though. Not everyone can mix with strangers easily, which made me want to shrug off that suspicion from my head.

But I guess I'm an idiot, because I'm waiting in my car and spying on his house like a creepy detective.

Yes, I am literally waiting in my car and spying on his house like a creepy detective.

I've been waiting here for more than a freaking hour - especially in front of the new bungalow I'm buying in this same neighborhood, which is a freaking coincidence too - but he barely popped out his head out of his house for a second. After a long time of staying slumped behind the wheels, my brain finally clicked and I realized that today was Sunday.

Crap, how could I forget about that?

I mentally cursed myself in multiple ways and huffed in the frustration that was taking over me. I started the car and was about to turn back but just then I found someone coming out of his house, lazily tucked in a grey hoodie and black trousers.

He looked absolutely unrecognizable at first, considering the perfectly knitted suit that fitted around his lean physique from last night, but looking at his brown hair - which was tousled upon his head - I realized that it was none other than Mr. Orlando.

Honestly, I felt my heart beat like a crazy cheesy teenager's one.

"Shut up," I mumbled to myself while tapping my heart with my fist to stop that stupid nonsense from continuing and focused on where he was going. But still, with all honesty, he looked a lot younger in those comfy clothings.

He drove out of his house and coursed forward to the opposite direction, not noticing me. Finally, he was out. Now I could spy on him and see where he generally goes for weekends.

I followed him quietly keeping the most distance possible from his Cadillac. He drove through the busy roads of the city and left the din and bustle of the crazy Turono and kept coursing straight ahead to the calmer and secluded areas in the outskirts of Turono, and stopped in front of a park, where the trees were a lot outgrown which hooded the other side of it with creepy shrubs and bushes.