|Blackmailed?|

Asher's POV

I kept looking at my watch frequently. He was being late again...

Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps echoing through the grand hallway. I looked up to find him, dressed perfectly as forever.

But there was something very different today.

His head was down.

The most confident person I've ever seen was keeping his head down.

"Sir." I nodded slightly and quickly opened the door for him.

He silently entered and walked towards his table, without looking around. He was still lowering his head, which was pretty unusual. After he sat down, I opened my file and said the important things he had to know for today.

"Sir, you missed an important call from the LeBlancs, they said it was about the ne-" I was cut off with his index finger raised up, ordering me to stop.

"B-but-"I wanted to say more, because it was really important for him to listen. But his angry glare made me stop in my tracks.

I noticed his facial features.

He had bags under his red eyes. His green and confident eyes were different, darker than it was. His hair wasn't combed perfectly.

He pointed me the door, a clear sign for me to get lost from his sight right now.

I quickly walked away obeying his orders.

I walked outside and got into the elevator thinking what could've happened to him. I needed to talk to Annie.

The elevator slowly stopped on the ground floor. The doors slide open revealing the bright fancy reception of the Orlando Corporations.

I walked towards the reception where Annie was working on her papers.

"Hey Ann got some time to talk?" I smiled seeing her.

She twirled her brown hair and looked up at me narrowing her eyes.

"You know we're not allowed to do that, right?" she reminded me. I know, but what can I do now?

"Its important, please." I pleaded. She rolled her eyes and handed her work to her colleague Millie for sometime."I'll be back in a moment, alright?"

She nodded positively towards us two. "Have fun." She teased us with a wink.

Annie ignored her with a sarcastic smile and came out to join me. She tightened her ponytail while we're walking

We silently walked out of the building and sat in the café nearby.

"Something's bothering you, right?" she said looking at me.

"Hmm... It's about our boss..." I said thinking. She looked at me, "About him?"

"He's distressed about something, I don't know what." I told her trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

"Maybe something about the contracts?" She guessed.

"No. He missed an important call from the LeBlancs yesterday, so it's confirmed that its not about the contracts or deals." I said her clearing the doubt.

"He missed their call? I can't believe this!" She gasped. Because Mr. Johnny Vincent Orlando wasn't a person to miss these important calls at his own sweet wills.

"We should talk to him. We need to know what's going on. It's really affecting our company and him, too." I said taking this decision. I might be the PA of the hard and cold John, but we are friends too.

"Hmm." She agreed. I wanted to say more, but my phone buzzed in a different tone.

The tone I set for my boss.

"Shit, he just called me." I said looking at the phone. We quickly returned to our building and left Annie in the reception while I hurried to his room.

My heart was beating fast, because he surely wasn't in a good mood right now.

"May I come in Sir?" I said knocking on the door twice. He replied "Get in" in a grumpy tone. I walked insideand found him looking at some papers from the blue files.

I slowly stood near him according to rules and manners.

"Where were you?" He asked with cold tone.

I opened my mouth to say something reasonable but he didn't even let me think.

"I asked WHERE WERE YOU??" He shouted slamming his fists on the hard glass table.

I backed off hearing his shout but blurted out, "I was with Annie."

He glared at me, making me get confused and scared. Why so rude? I kept thinking while ignoring his eyes amd looking down.

I wasn't allowed to look at his glaring eyes directly. So I looked at the clear reflection of his eyes on the glass table.

His eyes dimmed, but fired up again. It was like he was trying to control his anger but he couldn't.

"YOU'RE MY P.A, NOT HERS!" He shouted again, slamming his white knuckles on the hard glass for the second time.

He was surely going to break it.

"I'm sorry Sir." I apologized. His greenish eyes closed in... pain?

It was confirmed when I saw blood flowing from his knuckles.

"JOHN! Your hand--it's bleeding!" I quickly rushed towards him. He tried to take his hands away, but I firmly gripped them and called for emergency. He gave up his protests to take away his hands when I was slowly wiping the blood from his wound with tissues.

The nurses quickly arrived and started cleaning his wounds. He placed his head against his other hand and closed his eyes, trying to calm down.

Gosh. I think I have a clue of what he's going through.

In the next moment, a text popped up on my phone.

Ann❤️: I'm at the door. Come quick.

I cautiously took the chance to excape out of the room.

Annie jumped over me,"Oh God, what happened? How did he get hurt? Tell me!!"

I calmed her down. "Okay okay. Calm down. I'll tell you."I thought for a moment.

"I think I know what he's going through." I slowly said trying to confirm it.

Her eyes widened, "You know?"

"Someone's blackmailing him... For something WE don't know." I finally let out the words.

__________________________________________________________

Asher is Johnny's PA? Seems a bit funny to me😅😂.

I finally place the right couple in here! It's Asher & Annie now! (gosh why did I even think about putting Nadia and Asher together.)

And I just arrived home from school trip! It was CRAAAAAAAIIIIZZZYYYYYY!!! (it was last year, days before the pandemic started.)

Anyone having confusions? Lemme know in the comments!

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!