Chapter 2

Your vision returned to you once the fog cleared. You were no longer in that gloomy looking forest. You were certainly still in a forest, just this time there was a campfire in front of you.

Chatter from around you made you realise the many others who were either sat or stood nearby. A few heads turned to you while others side glanced. A few veils of mist appeared at the sides of you as Bill, Meg and Steve appeared again.

"Hey, how'd the trial go?" A dark woman with glasses sauntered over, looking at the other three then you with a curious eye. "Who's this?"

"The new guy. Just saved our asses." Steve rested a hand on your shoulder, making you hide a smile at the compliment. Bill put his index finger and thumb together, giving a sharp whistle to get everyone's attention. All eyes turned to the older man quickly.

"Everyone, we have a new survivor joining us. Introduce yourself, kid." Bill lightly tapped your back in an usher. Way to be put on the spot...

"I-I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Nice to meet everyone." You shifted your hand in a greeting gesture. A few people waved in return while the rest sat silently. Bill pushed you forward, muttering for you to 'go make friends' which resulted in you rolling your eyes.

The first person to go over to you was a small but cute woman with short blonde hair. She wore a white vest and a green skirt along with an innocent expression on her face.

"U-Um... Hi. I'm Cheryl." She said with a nervous tone. Something about her made you wonder what her story was. Cheryl offered a hand out and you shook it, flinching slightly at how cold her hands felt. Did she have poor circulation or something?

She turned away and awkwardly walked back to her seat on a nearby log as others started to flock to you.

"I'm Adam." A man in a trench coat said.

"Laurie Strode." Another blonde said her name.

"Hey. I'm Leon." A man in a police uniform said. Then came the rest of them.

"Feng Min."

"Ace Visconti."

"David King."

"Nancy Wheeler."

"Jill Valentine."

"Quentin Smith."

"Jake Park."

"Yui Kimura."

"Dwight Fairfield."

And so on the list of names went. You'd be lucky if you managed to remember half of them. Once you had gotten to know most their names, you were invited to sit down and talk.

"You really kicked Pyramid Head? And you got away with it?" Cheryl's jaw hung open as she heard the news from Bill. Something about the girl amused you in a way. She seemed slightly naive and you found that cute.

"I guess. He just kind of stood there for a moment like he was stunned." You thought aloud. What vital role did that metal pyramid even play? If the thing didn't even protect from attacks, it was just a hindrance.

"Huh. That must be one of your perks." Claudette said with a bright smile. Was it really that surprising that you were able to fight back? Wait, what did she mean by perks?

"Perks?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well, The Entity gave us all three different abilities each. They help us during trials." Bill explained.

"Yeah. One of my perks let's me stab the killer to get out of their grip. But I can only do it once." Laurie helped you understand a bit more. You nodded, but silently questioned why she couldn't just shank the killer mid trial if she could do it while being carried.