Chapter 29

A/N: Here's some art by @LoUsHiT ❤️

"Look who it is

"Look who it is." Jake crossed his arms as he stopped in front of (Y/N). Those he had been walking with stood behind him in an arc. The survivors around the fire were sat at attention as they watched drama about to unfold.

"Oh, you can still talk? I had hoped I broke your jaw when I hit you." (Y/N) taunted, earning a huff from the other man. "What's the problem?"

"The problem is you bringing a killer into the camp." Nea answered with a hard glare. Everyone in front of him looked pissed off and judgemental, which of course: they were.

"Bringing a killer into the camp? What are you talking about?" (Y/N) squinted in confusion.

"You took Legion's knife, then even after us warning you, you held onto it. Because of that, he came barging in here to get revenge." Elodie chimed in, shifting her weight onto one foot as she stood beside Nea.

"And you think that I knew he would break in? No. Don't point fingers at me when I was just trying to protect Cheryl." (Y/N) began to get more and more infuriated by this conversation. How were they gonna dare to call him out as the bad guy here?

"Protecting Cheryl? You wanna get into that, huh?" Jake hummed, daring him to continue. Said woman was sat, tempting herself to speak up, but her anxiety stopped her.

Steve, Mike and Claire all stood up and came to (Y/N)'s aid. They stood at his sides and stared back at the other group defensively.

"Knock it off, you guys. He did what he thought was right." Steve said, a hand on his friend's shoulder in reassurance. (Y/N) gave a small smile his way before turning back to Jake.

"Some friends you guys are." Mike eyed Jake and the others.

"Oh, we are far from friends." Jake said harshly.

"Let's go back to a second ago. Protecting Cheryl. You weren't even here when it happened, so some job you're doing, (Y/N)." Yun-Jin said next, hands on her hips as she rolled her eyes.