Chapter 21

"Okay. We got one generator left. What's the plan?" Feng hunkered down beside Tapp and Jill. The three were inside the Strode house having finished a generator in there. Tapp held against the wall, peaking out the front window to look for the killer.

"Me and Tapp are already on two hooks. We can do the next generator if you distract the killer." Jill glanced from Feng to Tapp. She was down on one knee to obscure herself more in case they were being watched.

"We don't know where Yun-Jin is, and since we know this guy can disguise himself as any of us, we can't afford to split up or we'll be picked off one by one. Don't trust anyone." Tapp said, turning away from the window. Feng gave him a confused squint.

"Wouldn't that mean we can't trust each other right now?" She questioned.

"Something like that." Jill nodded.

The sound of quick and desperate footsteps made the three perk up. They instantly backed up towards the window as the feet ascended the stairs.

Yun-Jin rounded the corner, blood dripping down her arm as she struggled to hold in her ragged breaths. She looked between the other three survivors with silent happiness.

"I don't know where the killer went. Someone heal me." She said in a somewhat rude tone. It would've been a lot harsher if she wasn't already exasperated from the trial so far.

As Feng started to move to help her, Tapp grabbed her shoulder. She looked at him in confusion.

"Wait a second. How are we supposed to know you're not the killer?" He narrowed his eyes at her. He was more than ready to leap through the window to escape if he had to.

"Are you serious? Do I look like a killer to you? I'm injured!" Yun-Jin growled at him. She glared between the three as they tensed up in refusal to help. "You're kidding me..."

"I'm sorry, but we can't risk it." Jill said quietly.

"If I get hooked again, I'm dead! Don't tell me you're all that useless?!" Yun-Jin took a few deep breaths as her anger fluctuated. Jill turned and climbed out the window onto the outside overhang.

Tapp gave one last glance at the clearly furious Yun-Jin before starting to vault out, too. But before he could make it out, a hand grabbed his shoulder. He was stopped in place as a knife stabbed through his back.

He was dragged back from the window and thrown to the ground as Feng blurted back into (Y/N). He spun the knife in his hand, glancing between Yun-Jin and Jill as Tapp crawled back and onto his feet.

"Sorry again." He apologised. As Tapp sprang from the room and down the stairs, Yun-Jin stared at (Y/N) before scrambling for the window. Unfortunately, he got there first and grabbed her from the vault.

"Hey, no!" Yun-Jin struggled and flailed. It didn't matter though. The basement was downstairs.

Jill watched the scene from the outside of the window. She found herself not moving to help the other woman, but instead examining the killer.

He was sloppy; naive for sure. If anything, he'd only succeeded so far because she and the others didn't know how to counter him. But she also saw something that she saw in none of the other killers. She saw charisma.

He was apologetic, and she could've sworn she heard him throw a few jokes. It didn't seem like killer behaviour. Jill's mind only snapped back to reality when him and Yun-Jin were long down the stairs and walking to the basement.

10 seconds later, a bell rang through the trial as Yun-Jin was placed on a basement hook. The Entity stabbed into her, her body being sacrificed and dragged out of the trial.