Chapter 18

"Woo girl, you're shinin'. Like a 5th Avenue diamond. And they don't make you like they used to. You're never goin' out of style~" You sung in boredom as you hung from the hook and. Just watched everyone's auras. Quentin was being chased. Zarina was working on a generator. Leon looked to be coming over.

It was good, too. These damn Entity claws looked to be materialising fairly quick... And also you were getting more and more tempted to either try unhook yourself or start singing a lot louder.

"Woo pretty baby. This world might have gone crazy. The way you saved me, who could blame me. When I just wanna make you smile." You tilted your head side to side with your own beat just as Leon prowled out from behind a stack of bamboo.

The blonde jogged over at a medium pace, apparently in no rush while you were fucking dying. He spared one glance behind him as if to check he wasn't being watched or snuck up on.

"Oh, I'm glad you're so enthusiastic to help me." You rolled your eyes. That was enough of a jolt for the man to quickly grab you and lift you down.

"I was checking she wasn't following. I don't wanna give her the chance to tunnel you." Leon said as if it was obvious. He motioned to the ground and you knelt down so he could heal you. The fact he could heal in silence was an impressive perk to you, and it was certainly a useful one. Well, useful if you weren't both stood out in the open.

"If she's going for anyone, it's gonna be you. You've been hooked twice." You gasped as he pressed a hand down too hard while bandaging you. He muttered an apology but continued working.

"Coulda sworn you almost got hooked first." He teased with a smirk. This sunuvabitch...

"Who got knocked down first?" You responded as he finished healing you. He just shrugged as if he had no clue what you were talking about. A generator dinged in the distance.

"I've got a generator ready to finish. You need to go find one of the last ones." Leon motioned to the opposite side of the map, back where the manor was. With a simple nod, you set off along the grass in that direction. What could go wrong?

By the time you reached the generator in one of the stone gardens, another popped in the distance. Now it was down to finishing this one and booking it for the door.

You started your repairs after a deep breath, putting all your focus on getting this done. The quicker you did, the quicker everyone could leave.

Approaching footsteps scared you at first, but then you realised it wasn't Rin and settled down. Zarina appeared through the nearby bushes, coming over to you to help with the generator.

"What brings you to my humble abode?" You peered at her from the corner of your eye. The girl flipped her hair out of her face as she started grabbing at the machine's wires.

"Just your sparkling personality." She said in mocking sarcasm. Even so, you noticed the small smile on her lips as she continued working.

"You said it, not me." You shrugged. The two of you repaired the generator with silence between you. The only audible sound was the pushing of pistons as the generator started up.

Every now and again, you could've sworn you saw Zarina glance at you before looking away. Whenever she did, her expression actually scared you. It was as if she was staring through your soul in an attempt to read you.

"Am I sure it's the killer I need to worry about?" You thought internally, feeling her gaze on you again.

"Do you do that on purpose or is it a habit?" You questioned. Her eyes immediately snapped away and back to the gen.