Chapter 6

You, Steve, Kate and Claire. Those were the four survivors picked for the current trial. Some Japanese temple was the realm you had been put into, and now you were on a generator with Steve atop said temple.

"You've got one hell of a singing voice, y'know? Musical skills, too." Steve nudged you as he connected wires. You smirked and lightly batted his arm away. It was kind of embarrassing to hear the compliments you were getting, but at the same time your self esteem was through the roof.

"You've got some damn good dancing and beatboxing skills." You joked, chuckling at the cringe Steve's face contorted into. So he wasn't the only one who was hella awkward about that stuff?

"Hey, cmon, man. I was helping you put on the show. If you wanna complain about it then go complain about it with the new girl you keep staring at." Steve looked at you with a playful smirk.

"Okay, buddy. You can go fuck yourself." You pointed a finger at him before continuing to work on the gen.

"Yeah, buddy. I think it's best if you left." A third male voice said, a voice changer of sorts making them sound like some psychotic slasher. Both you and Steve stopped working on the gen to stare each other in the eyes.

"Oh, cmon. Don't tell me it took you this long to notice little ol' me." The voice whispered just by your ear. You snapped your head to the side, your face inches away from a ghostly mask as it peeked around the corner of the wall. You shot backwards, scrambling to your feet as you tried to balance yourself from the sheer surprise you were feeling.

"What the fuck!" You shouted as you watched Steve recoil to your side. The shady character slid out from his hiding spot, his black robes now easier to see as he twirled a knife in his hand. Where the hell was the usual warning when a killer was nearby.

After a while of staring at the man, a white aura suddenly burst off of him and the sound of a fast beating pulse came to your ears, a red glow extending in front of the man. Was that his power?

The Ghostface pounced forward, slashing his knife across your chest and drawing out a pained shout as you tripped over. Today just wasn't your day as you realised way too late that you were stood near the stairs that lead up to this spot.

"No hard feelings! It's just part of the job description!" The man shouted as you rolled down the steps none too lightly, grazing your arms and hitting your head a couple times as Steve called out your name. The killer then went after Harrington, narrowly missing the boy as he lead him away from you and down the other side of the temple.

"Cmon, you sneaky bastard. I got a can of whoop ass with your name on it." Steve taunted, moving his hands in a "bring it" motion as the killer bolted for him.

"Do you have a can opener for that?" The figure questioned as they disappeared into the distance.

You groaned as you rolled onto your back, hiking up your sleeves and looking at the broken skin on your forearms and elbows. Good lord, you took back what you said a while ago. This place was horrible.

Dragging yourself to your feet, you limped away and towards one of the light thingies that indicated a generator location. Before you reached it, you spotted a wooden chest out of the corner of the eye. You recalled someone telling you that they sometimes had medkits.

You trudged over to the box and started to break the lock off of it. To say you weren't really the strongest person physically, it only took you around 10 seconds to break it away and lift the lid.

Just your luck. No medkit, but there was a flashlight. The thing looked old. It probably wouldn't give out light for very long. You pocketed the thing and walked over to the nearby generator, getting to work.