Chapter 7

"How long has (Y/N) been here?" Claire glanced to Kate as they worked on the final generator. They hoped you were okay after taking the killer's attention.

"Uh, not that long. Maybe a day or two before you and Chris arrived." Kate shrugged. It was kinda hard to tell the time in this place. They didn't eat or drink since that was apparently not a necessity anymore (unless The Entity gifted them with food after a good trial).

"Two days? And he was just a normal guy in the real world? He seems so... bold." Claire squinted as she tried to find the right word. She just didn't understand how you could happily take the killer's attention to let them get away. Obviously neither of the two women knew how internally terrified you were since you put on a stone face.

"I'm just glad he's on our side. Helps with team morale." Kate said with a chuckle. The woman's laugh was cut short, though. A blade pierced through her back, pulling a scream from her lips that made Claire jump and mess up the generator, leading to an explosion.

Claire backed up as Kate slumped onto the ground, Ghostface tugging his knife from her back and wiping the blood off with his gloved hand. Kate groaned on the floor, crimson liquid leaking from her mouth. She didn't even notice the stalker exposing her.

"Aren't you just the prettiest little thing? Shame." The killer flipped his knife into a backwards grip as he stepped towards Claire. The woman paused in place as she looked down at Kate.

"Claire, go!" The blonde tried to motion her away but it was too late. Ghostface lunged forwards and swung his blade for Claire's neck. She just froze on the spot.

In a blur of movement and luck, Claire was pushed backwards and onto the thick grass. An irritated yet impressed sigh left their stalker's lungs as his knife was pushed to the hilt into his previous prey's arm.

"I swear to God. I hate this place." You growled, blood flowing freely down your arm from the blade that had impaled it. You were gonna find a way to escape this place, one way or another.

"You're stubborn. I like that." Ghostface said, beginning to pull his knife out of your arm. The two women looked up at you both in surprise. Claire was more or less in shock than awe. The fact she just nearly got slashed and you had taken the hit was making her sweat buckets and causing her heart to go into overdrive.

Your free hand flew up to grab the man's arm, stopping him from reeling back his weapon. There was clear confusion judging by the figure's body language.

"I'm gonna tell you this once..." You reeled back your leg, driving it forwards and into the man's ribs. There was an audible crack as you finally shoved the knife from your arm, sending the male stumbling backwards. "Stay the hell away from my friends."

"You have fight. I'm really starting to like you, y'know?" He snickered, one hand on his side as he recovered from the attack. You spun around and grabbed Claire's arm, pulling her to her feet as you ran through groups of rocks and boulders.

The killer was surprisingly quick to pick up Kate and throw her onto a nearby hook. He continued his hunt for you both, but he had a lot of catching up to do.

"Are you insane?" Claire stared at your bleeding arm, feeling a little responsible since she didn't exactly move from the attack meant for her.

"Just a little." You said quietly, crouching behind rocks as you moved towards a nearby set of walls, Claire just behind you. You could hear the Terror Radius maybe 20 meters or so away, so you wanted to be quiet.