Chapter 33

Claire had been struggling to shuffle over to the metal railing for a while now. Her wrists were starting to ache from the binding around them, making her grimace. That damn killer might be one of the worst she'd encountered. Not bad like Trickster or Doctor. No, those guys enjoyed ripping the survivors to shreds.

Bad as in he was leaving her alone to go hunt down her friends instead of her. It made her feel weak to be sat here doing nothing. So as she finally reached the railing, her eyes locked on a sharp nail jutting out from the side of the metal.

The rain dripping down on her warm cheeks was distracting, but she managed to push past it. Sliding back against the metal, she sawed the gauze against the nail with vicious speed. By now, she was desperate to go help her team.

Ace had been dragged away and consumed by the Entity, while Jonah was still hanging from a hook at the other end of the police station. She didn't know where Cheryl was, but she hadn't seen the girl get hooked so far. 3 generators were still left, which meant they were at a disadvantage.

The binds snapped after one last rut against the nail and Claire's hands swung free in front of her. She sighed thankfully before pushing herself up and onto her feet.

The sudden pitter of feet made her spin around to the door behind her. Was it him again?

Cheryl came out the door with red cheeks that seemed to be from running around. Her eyes caught Claire immediately and she sprang over to her.

"Claire!" The girl called out in happiness.

"Cheryl? What happened?" Claire asked with furrowed brows. She knew this could be a trick. That maybe the killer was disguised as Cheryl. But if he had already spared her, she was doubtful he would come back now to kill her.

Cheryl put her hands over her face as if she was upset with herself, releasing a shrill whine and looking off in the direction she came from.

"I... I was fixing the generator in the library when Ace and Jonah ran in. I kind of... fell into the killer's arms but he let me go and went after the other two. I couldn't help Jonah, he was hook camping." Cheryl said everything rather quickly, making Claire lightly pat her shoulder reassuringly.

"It's okay. I'm sure you did all you could." Claire took Cheryl's hand and entered the building again. If he had let them survive, maybe he was going to let them do gens so they could both escape. "Let's find a generator."

You felt no pride in standing around a hook and watching a man die. You hadn't spoken to Jonah before, but that didn't mean your sympathy didn't go out towards him.

But once the Entity took him, you walked off down the hall and into an office room. You headed over to one of the stray chairs and placed yourself down on it with a grumble. You had no interest in going after Claire or Cheryl. If you just left them to their devices, they'd finish the generators and escape. Then this nightmare would be over.

You were gonna need to have a conversation with Kate when you got back, too. That short encounter between her and Danny was awkward to say the least. Speaking of Danny, you also needed to figure out who took his camera. All around, you had a lot of shit to do and you really didn't want to.

As you kicked back in your seat and put your legs on the nearby desk, something of a whisper seemed to come to your ear.

Kill.

You flinched and your head snapped to the side to see who the hell had just spoken. But there was no one. Not even a speck of dust. Was that your imagination? Did sparing Claire and Cheryl have you down that bad that you were hallucinating?