Chapter 16

"Hey, everyone." Adam greeted you all with a wave, his feet marching across the dry dirt down to the campfire. Ace looked to be communicating with the new girl in the back as they slowly followed Adam.

"How'd it go?" Leon asked as he perked up.

"New killer, new survivor." Adam motioned behind him to the redhead as he said the second part; everyone looked at her. The girl looked riddled with anxiety and was clearly out of her comfort zone.

Ace softly pushed her forwards like a parent beckoning their kid into school when they are dropped off. The girl twiddled her thumbs as she approached everyone.

"Hi. I'm Mikaela Reid." The girl said shyly, crossing her legs as the fabric of her bottoms tightened from the pressure. Clearly the eyes on her were causing her to fidget.

"Yo." You lightly raised a hand as everyone else greeted her with a thunderous wave of voices. The girl nervously chuckled as she twisted a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Come. Sit down." Claudette invited her over with a warm smile. She patted her hand down on the thick bark of the log behind her, motioning for her to come over. Mikaela agreed by sauntering over with her hands together, a nervous blush still clear on her rosy cheeks as she sat down with Claudette.

"So what about the new killer?" Nancy questioned, leaning a little further forward to show her interest as the other four survivors found themselves seats.

"Some guy with needles in his face. He was a son of a bitch, I'll tell you that." Ace made a sound of exasperation, clearly being upset with the new face.

"Every damn second we were being chased by chains and forced to find this... puzzle box. It was weird." Meg sighed as she sunk down onto the floor with a tired look on her face.

If there was a new killer, maybe you could meet them at the other camp. But from what you were hearing, maybe you didn't want to...

"Don't get us wrong, lad. The new guy is no Spirit or Nurse. Not even Blight. But he's no Demogorgon." David apparently saw the thoughtful look on your face and decided to chime in to you. What the hell was a demogorgon?

"You joke about that, but that thing can, will, does shred you to bits." Steve clicked his tongue in disapproval, rolling his shoulders as he got comfortable.

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, you can feed it sweets and it'll roll over." David responded with a little amusement.

"How the hell do you know that?" You squinted, head spinning left and right in confusion. Where had they even found snacks like that around here? Cheryl turned to you as she was still beside your left.

"Every now and again, the Entity allows us to trade blood points for candy, similar to how we can get toolboxes or flashlights. If you burn it before a trial, you can earn even more blood points. It's pretty cool." Cheryl gave a slim smile.

David nodded his head to grab your attention. When you turned to look at him, he threw something over. You caught it with a flinch, not expecting the item to fly towards you. Once you turned it towards your eyes, you realised it was a red and white peppermint like candy.

"Whenever they appear, we assume it's this realm's sort of Halloween or Christmas time. Keep it." He stated. You placed the thing in your pocket with an intrigued hum. It was interesting that the Entity would want holiday like things here.

"I'll keep that in mind." You said with a twist of your head. With that said, everyone split amongst themselves into a white noise of conversations. You yourself strolled away from the campfire and began pacing towards the forest.