Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

"Hmm. It seems the Entity didn't take a liking to Michael's disobedience." Amanda said with a hint of amusement. The whole scene had been entertaining to spectate. For her at least.

"Should we do something...?" Rin began to move a foot forward as to approach the two. (Y/N) was holding a sobbing Laurie in his arms, his eyes shut as he attempted some form of comfort over the woman by patting down her hair.

Kazan put an arm out to stop his "granddaughter" in her tracks. She looked up at him curiously as he showed no signs of facing the other two. "Respect their boundaries. We have no place in this conflict... for now." His eyes thinned as he left the door open to aid (Y/N) if need be. But he saw no reason to stand and stare at him and the crying woman. It was disrespectful.

"Yes, grandfather." Rin nodded, also turning her eyes away from the two. Both her and Kazan looked over at Amanda who was still openly staring.

"What?" She scowled at them, earning two scowls back at her. With an annoyed huff she turned away and began muttering profanities under her breath. She eventually walked off, intent on returning to her meat plant for the moment.

Both Yamaoka members did the same, returning to the family estate by following the path to everyone's realms.

2nd Person POV

Good lord, you were anxious. Never in your life have you had to comfort someone. Never. The hysterical Laurie in your arms was about to give you a nervous breakdown since she was the first.

But, you took it like a champ, and if you were honest with yourself, you'd say you dealt with things in a very mature manner. Besides the fact you were absolutely shitting yourself while fighting Michael, you'd fended him off well.

If you ever had a face to face with the Entity, you wouldn't be complaining about being here, you'd be thanking it for saving your ass from that masked bastard.

By now Laurie's crying had devolved into quiet sniffles and whimpers, and you had also relocated to one of the logs near the campfire. Thank god nobody else was there after the other three left. You were messing with a few strands of the girl's hair as you stared into the fire thoughtlessly.

"Thank you." You heard her say quietly. You snapped out of your blank canvas of a mind to look down at her. Her eyes were wet from her tears but she looked comfortable in your lap.

"Why are you thanking me?" You raised an eyebrow. You weren't in need of thanks at all.

"You saved me." She clarified, her eyes rolling up to meet yours as she kept her head against your chest and arm.

"Of course I did. I wouldn't let you be killed. You don't have to thank me." You told her, dropping the strands of her hair to instead stroke the blonde locks.

"I hate him." Laurie said spitefully. Her anger was clear, but so was the fear as you knew she was speaking of Michael. You were glad you had barely any run ins with the guy. He was one hulking figure and you knew you had just gotten lucky earlier.

You slid your other hand down and wiped away the liquid from both her eyes with your thumb. "I've not heard about you past before." You said slyly. It was giving her the option to open up or not. You were happy to listen if she wanted to speak, and you were happy to respect her wishes if she didn't.

There was a long moment of silence as Laurie debated whether or not to speak.

"Michael... is my brother." She squeaked out, grabbing at your coat as if to increase her warmth.