Announcement 2024

It's been a long time since I've stepped in here. Not gonna lie and say I've just been busy, which I absolutely still have, when in reality I just lost my motivation to rewrite this work like I said I would.

I'm not going to sugarcoat things and I'm going to get straight to the point. I will not be continuing this story. Out of everything I've written, the original version of this story wasn't something I was the most proud of, but to try change all of that by rewriting it would take far too long. I'm a firm believer that anything I would try to remake here would just be lifeless.

I'd also like to go off topic and bring to light another topic. About a year ago, I had a 'reader' here, of whom's name I do not quite remember. All I remember is a very notable Jschlatt profile picture. I would like to just bring to light some of the issues and drama surrounding this.

1. This person single-handedly went out of their way to spread hate and toxicity on every other chapter of this story just because they didn't like it. One of these was a comment on the prologue stating that I was a misogynist and I believe also homophobic.

First of all, I'm quite literally bisexual, so I couldn't even begin to explain that assumption. Second of all, by the given logic, I was a misogynist because multiple girls were attracted to (Y/N). Very intriguing.

2. This person used a variety of alt accounts to keep sending me hate after I blocked their main. One of these, which I will not name, who I think's comments I let stay up because a good couple people came to my aid with this, was nitpicking any small detail to slander the content of this story. Ex. Perk details, character personalities, etc.

3. This person opened their own story to single-handedly spread lies about me as a creator and a person. I believe they have also done this about another creator or two. I would like to establish how poorly Wattpad as a platform have worked to resolve this issue, as despite numerous given evidence and reports, they did and have done nothing about this.

Just thought I'd get that all out there and out of the way. But, hey, still not gonna delete this like they so desperately wanted 🥺.

Now, on a brighter note, while this is the end of this story, I would like to announce that I've begun work on another dbd x reader story. I'm incredibly busy with life right now, but I've started to slowly write it, and I have two chapters and a prologue already finished.

I'm not sure when I'll release it, because I'd feel bad if I just posted 3 chapters then went dark for about a month if I didn't get chance to write, so feedback on that would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that, I don't really have much more to say. I'd talk about the Bleach story I published a while ago, but that doesn't relate to dbd and I'm not about to shamelessly plug that here and now.

I'm feeling far more confident in my skills as a writer and I'm of the belief that this next story won't hold as many of the mistakes as this one did, but that's for you guys to judge, not me.

So, goodbye, I guess. Until I see you all later!