Chapter 10

"Here, let me heal you." Kate beckoned Jake over. The man crouched down with a grumble, allowing her to begin bandaging him up. The two were inside one of the bottom rooms of the map.

"Kate." Laurie appeared in the doorway, walking inside with an odd sway to her step. Kate glanced up at her for a second but continued healing Jake.

"Did you finish the generator?" Kate quizzed, pulling the bandages around Jake's torso.

"Quentin took over." Laurie stated, kneeling down on Jake's other side as she helped heal him. Within little time, the man was back on his feet with a small sigh.

"How many generators do we have left?" He asked.

"Two." Laurie answered. Following this was the ding of one of the machines.

"One." She corrected herself with an eye roll.

"Then let's get a move on." Jake said in a monotone, starting to walk off towards the center room with the other two following just behind.

Suddenly another person came around the corner, their eyes lighting up as they saw everyone.

"Hey, guys. Kate, I finished the generator in the bathroom." The other Laurie said calmly. Once her eyes ran over the group and saw the copy of herself, her eyes opened wider.

Both Jake and Kate slowly looked between the Laurie in front of them to the Laurie at their side. The one beside them scowled, body morphing into a black coat and suit.

You weren't expecting Laurie to find her way back over. Realistically, you shouldn't have been hesitating so much when trying to go after Kate and Jake. You'd been there for a minute or two and couldn't make a move to attack.

Kate stumbled back in surprise while Jake took a step back with a straight face. Laurie lightly held her hand in the nearby wall, debating whether to run. Quentin would probably be on the last generator. They just needed time.

You reached forward, grabbing Jake by the neck and throwing him into a nearby wall past Kate. "Couldn't have stayed away for 30 more seconds?" You glanced at Laurie from the side of your eyes.

Kate began to run towards the door, but you caught her leg with your blade and made her topple with a yelp. Laurie immediately crouched down and helped her to her feet, patting her back and allowing her to run past her and away.

When the blonde turned back to you, her breath hitched as Frank's knife left your hand with a spin. The woman ducked down, leaving the weapon to fly over her head and inch towards Kate.

The girl was unaware as the blade pierced her back and drew a scream from her lips. She fell back down, staying on the floor this time as the knife laid embedded in her back.

Laurie's head flicked back up to face you and you locked eyes with her for a second. You turned away, not wanting to hunt her down immediately as she was quite a helpful and nice girl. You instead looked over at Jake who had gotten back up.

Park looked over at him and gritted his teeth, then took off running through to the next room. You instantly sprinted after him with a short inhale. Laurie had also made a rash decision to follow behind in case she needed to help Jake.

The man ahead sprang down the corridor towards a nearby pallet, dropping it as soon as he was on the opposite side and bolting into the middle room. You hadn't the time to break the pallet and instead used your power and mimicked Jake's appearance. Doing this gave you the chance to vault over the pallet and continue chasing.