Chapter 15

"There's really not a lot to do here..." You mumbled. You were laid out across your back on the surprisingly soft grass, eyes staring up at the endless black sky as the other survivors were spread out around the fire next to you.

Meg, Ace, David and Adam were all in a trial at the moment, leaving everyone in a near silent camp as they began to settle into boredom. Some had even taken themselves on walks just to take up time.

"You can play I Spy. Fun fact: there's not a damn lot around here to spy." Tapp stated with mental tiredness evident in his voice.

"Let's play Seven Minutes In Heaven. Me and (Y/N) first." Steve joked, smirking at you. Pfft, wouldn't he wish. Though, thinking about it, teenage party games didn't sound too discomforting. You'd never actually played them before since it was you vs the world back in High School.

"Like hell." Nancy scoffed at him, causing Steve to scratch the back of his head. Those two really seemed like they had underlying history to you. All you knew was they came from the same realm, but you'd never learnt of their full stories.

"What about T or D?" Cheryl blinked a few times and looked around at everyone curiously.

"What's that?" Yui asked with furrowed brows. You thought you knew what she meant, but the way Cheryl phrased it was odd.

"You know? That old school game? You ask someone truth or dare?" Cheryl clarified.

"What are we? Teenagers?" Jill narrowed her eyes. She then lifted her head as she watched hands raise one by one.

"I am." Steve stated as his hand rose, followed by Nancy's. Next was Nea's, then Quentin's. It circled back around and you lifted yours, leading to Laurie and then finally Feng.

"Wait a second... how old are you guys?" You squinted and looked at everyone with their hands up.

"18." Steve, Nancy, Quentin and Laurie said in unison. You then glanced from Nea to Feng curiously. The prior crossed her arms with a blank stare.

"19." She answered.

"Yeah." Feng agreed. There was no way in hell there were that many teens here. Was the Entity that much of an asshole?

"Was that a yes to us playing the game?" Claire asked as she strolled over. She seated herself right next to you on the grass, completely ignoring the free spot on a nearby log.

"Sure, I suppose. It isn't like we have anything better to do, but I assume the others will be back soon." You shifted yourself up with your arms, feeling like you should sit up but also wanting to stay laid down. God, it was like trying to get out of bed on a morning.

Those who were happy to play gathered around the fire. Those who had no interest in the game made to walk away.

Cheryl sat down beside your left just before Steve could take the spot, leaving the man to huff and instead sit next to her. On the opposite side, Claire shuffled forward so that she was on your right.

"I don't think I've ever played this." Feng noted, placing a finger on her chin as she thought.

"Well, it's easy. Look. (Y/N), truth or dare." Steve clicked his fingers, keeping you on your toes as he pointed over.

"Truth." You answered.

"Favourite movie. Go." Harrington said instantly.

"John Wick." You said, barely giving yourself time to think of any other movies. John Wick was just the one you had seen the most.

"Never heard of it." Steve shook his head, earning a glare from yourself. The poor damn fool. "Anyway. You get the gist. Laurie, you wanna start us off?"