New Team

Bokuto graduated from Fukuroudani and went to a university to continue volleyball on a scholarship. The new team was pretty nice, they weren't Fukuroudani for sure but they were great. They dealt with his moods (that were getting fewer) and his personality. They accepted him. Sometimes they squabbled but it was good.

The team loved to hear his stories, Bokuto had plenty to share for sure. The setter, Hikari, was fascinated with this 'Akaashi' person. Apparently his sets weren't as good, he tried very hard and made it his personal mission to gain the title of Bokuto's favorite setter.

The captain, Aoyama, was very tolerable to Bokuto. He didn't really connect with him but he did like him. They had problems at first but got everything figured out pretty quickly.

Four months into the school year, Bokuto announced that Akaashi was going to visit with his friend Tsukishima. Kuroo was excited, to say the least. (Keep in mind that they are not sure that Bokuto and Akaashi are dating. They are.) He was able to convince the coach to let them do a half-day practice with the team.

They arrived on Saturday and had the appropriate clothes on with their school bags with them. Tsukishima walked in first and saw Bokuto heading towards them. He side-stepped and moved out of the way. He smirked as Bokuto gawked at him for dodging his hug.

The two high schoolers walked into the gym and were introduced to the team.

"This is Tsukishima Kei, from Karasuno. He is the one who blocked Ushiwaka last year. This is Akaashi Keiji, he is the captain of Fukuroudani." -Kuroo

When the team imagined Akaashi, they never imagined this. A very handsome teenager who was super polite, calm, collected, had deep blue eyes, and a calm complexion. In the looks department, he beat Hikaru but he was not deterred.

----

"I'm doing fine! All B's I promise!" -Bokuto

"At least you aren't failing and missing training camp." -Kuroo

"You promised you wouldn't mention that!" -Bokuto

"Wow, Bokuto. For my senior, I still have better grades than you." -Tsukishima

"Shut up twig!" -Bokuto

Tsukishima flinched and a vein popped. Bokuto instantly regretted his words and tried to apologize.

"I-I'm Sorry Tsuki! I didn't-"

"Tsuki?" -Tsukishima

"I-I'm s-sorry Tsukishima?"

That seemed to appease Tsukishima, for now.

----

"I don't understand. He goes on about how Akaashi is his favorite setter but he is in high school! Not even close to being as good as me, right?" -Hikari

"Hikari-" 

"Hikari-san,"

The two turned to see Akaashi standing behind them.

"I'm not the favorite setter just because of my skill. I also happen to be his boyfriend of two years and have 'tapped that' quite a few times. So, our personal relationship does give me an advantage." -Akaashi

Hikari and the captain watched as Akaasi walked away.

"That was cool as hell."

"Well now you know. You have no reason to think that Bokuto's favorite setter is based on skill." -Aoyama

"Well, that makes me feel a little better." 

"Good, you still are the setter. Let's go." 

Hikari nodded and followed Aoyama into the gym.