Reaction

Background: this is my personal continuation of the story "Oh, No! Meltdown" by Pronce_Of_anxiety on ao3.

Basically, a substitute teacher ( in the second chapter, also subs hate children, change my mind) ignores the teacher's note that Tsukishima is autistic and doesn't talk. She yells and Tsuki has a major meltdown.

I know very little about autism but I don't really need that for this since it'll be Akiteru and the original teacher and the sub. I also did do some research into this because I was curious about autism.

Tsukishima took the next two days off of school, which was also the period of time the sub was still at school. Akiteru refused to let Tsukishima anywhere near  Karasuno while the sub was there. His injuries are still not fully healed.

On the second day Akiteru and the teacher headed to the class together. The moment the teacher and principal heard what happened, they were horrified. The teacher headed back a day early and the principal allowed Akiteru to have a free range of the punishment (within legal reason).

Akiteru decided to chew her out in the class. His other ideas were less legal and shadier.

The thing about the students of the class was they were all made aware of Tsukishima's autism, certain behaviors, and needs. They all did varying degrees of research but got the idea of what he needed or was able to do. A few even stored an extra headset or fidget toys that they shared with the boy, even if he wasn't always the nicest. Tsukishima would never say it but he was happy with his classmates so he tried to be nicer. They even called him Tsukishima instead of Tsuki when he asked.

When the sub started yelling at Tsukishima, they all were horrified. They wanted to help but they didn't know how. However, they got revenge, for the rest of the classes with the sub they didn't talk much. Some refused to talk to her at all. It was a silent protest and beating to the sub but they could care less.

(Don't mind me making these classmates awesome as shit. Hehehe)

Akiteru praticaly stomped through the halls and knocked on the class door as he was let in with a harsh 'come in'.

Akiteru stepped in while the teacher waited outside the door, out of sight. The students continued the packets they were given. One or two recorded from under their desks, knowing shit was about to go down.

"How may I help you?" -Sub

"I'm Tsukishima Kei's older brother, Akiteru. Two days ago you yelled at him for ignoring you which caused him to have a meltdown. A very violent meltdown."

"The blond? It was because he was being disrespectful and ignoring me. It wouldn't have happened if he responded."

One of the students moved to stand and defend Tsuksihiam but Akiteru stopped them.

"If you read your instructions you would've known that he has autism and doesn't speak." -Akiteru

"He still should've responded."

"Do you not know what autism is? Are you dumb?"

"I'm well aware of what autism is but the need to be polite outweighs that."

"No it doesn't."

The sub was fed up at this point.

"What the hell is your problem?! Get out and report it to the school! I don't care! I'm just a sub! If you cared so much then you should've put him in the short bus!"

(This physically hurt me to write. I am so so sorry if this triggers you. Also, the short bus is meant for disabled students so it's not really an insult unless put in context to be one.)

The teacher that was hiding had enough at this point. She stepped into the classroom.

"Get out. Someone like you had no right to teach."

The sub quickly grabbed her things and left with Akiteru heading out as well.

When Tsukishima returned, you would expect his classmates to be loud and throw him a party but instead, he found letters on his desk and a slice of strawberry shortcake. Each letter welcomed him back.

As a thank you, Tsukishima wrote replies to each student. At the end of the day, he also said a very vocal thank you in front of the class before he left.