Truth Gummy

Rain flings open Carlos and Jay's dorm door. She slams it shut and leans against it, before locking it, and pacing up and down until she hears the T.V. Carlos is on his laptop looking up 'How to get out of the friend zone?'. 

"Oh, that's sad," Jay reads off the screen

"Shut up," Carlos sinks into his seat. 

"Six months ago, no one thought... the wrong side of the bridge would last. Rain must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion, when she will officially become a Lady of the Court," Rain grabs the remote and profusely clicks the off turn off button.

"Is this all they show?!" It finally turns off and Rain throws the controller on Jay's bed.

"I mean yeah, they do just play the same new clips on different channels," Audrey says like it's obvious "I used to be on every channel,"

"Yeah, well I'll happily let you take I'll my 10am news slot," Rain mutters, and for once, Audrey can see how affected she is by the press

"Sorry," She's barely heard, but Rain gives her a nod.

Rain attempts to calm her breathing, but it just gets more rapid. The same electric blue flashes in her eyes and she slams them shut and takes some deep breaths before opening them again. The familiar green that matched her mother appears.

"You are not having a good day," Mal tells Rain

"Whoa. Easy, girl," Carlos looks alarmed.

"What?!" Rain storms over to where he's lounged on his bed "You think this is so easy?! You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, 'Boo,' but, you know what I..." Rain can't help the screams that run out of her mouth.

"Okay... maybe I'm a bit much,"

"Sorry..."

"Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?" Rain asks, and Carlos can tell she's stressed out of her mind.

"You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No" Rain feels a pool of guilt and closes her eyes. She didn't mean to shout at Carlos, he definitely didn't deserve it.

"I'm sorry for shouting...You don't - It's just getting a bit too much," Rain feels tears start to come up and covers her face with her hands as she cries. Carlos stands and hugs her tightly, causing Rain to cry harder.

"God, that's a bit embarrassing," Rain mutters "Couldn't you cut this bit out?" she looks over to 'Grace'

"I mean I could of, but there is a point to this whole little situation,"

"What's that then?" Audrey asks

"I haven't thought of an actual reason yet, give me 5 hours," she shrugs

Carlos pulls back and Rain wipes away her tears frantically "hey, it's fine," Carlos smiles "I get it...do you have it?" he asks after and Rain rolls her eyes, a small smile coming to her face.

"I've just had a meltdown and you're asking about some stupid spell?"

"Hey!" Carlos defends "It made you smile!" Rain laughs, reaching into her jacket pocket to grab the star shaped pot which held what Carlos wanted.

A lot of people laugh. They felt terrible for Rain, they were raised with cameras in her face but overnight she became a princess and the King's girlfriend. They were glad to see her and Carlos were still close though, the AK's didn't know what they'd do without their friends.