Like Their Parents

Rain turns around reluctantly. Behind her is a stained-glass window of her in a burgundy ballgown, soft dark red curls and green eyes. A flash of white covers the glass and the eyes flash blue.

"Ben did that?"

"Oh it's horrible," Rain cackles "Look at my face!"

"Yeah," Mal rubs Rain's back

"He did," Evie wipes a tear from Rain's eyes that's escaped.

"Ben's known who you were all along,"

"He loves the real you R," Carlos pipes up.

"I mean, we look horribly deformed, it's the thought that counts right?" Mal nods slightly, hiding her smile.

"Legend," Lonnie pats Rain's back

"A true love," Evie distracts her from the looks of the glass.

"Told you," Carlos and Mal chorus.

"Cover that back up!" Uma comes storming towards them, her true colours shining through.

"I will not!"

"Yes Lumiere, go off," Carlos sings

Uma stutters for a bit "Why don't you tell everyone the present you have for me Ben,"

"I have an announcement! Uma, will be joining the court tonight, as my lady," Rain goes to interject but Beast does it for her.

"Son..."

"Not now dad!" Ben flinches at his own voice and everyone watches quietly, shocked that Ben had yelled at his father "So, as my gift to her, I will be bringing down the barrier, once and for all!" Rain looks to Mal and Evie in panic. "Fairy Godmother, take down the barrier,"

"I most certainly will not!"

"I am your king!" Rain raises her eyebrows,

"We all agree Uma's used a love potion right?" Rain asks

"Yep,"

"Obviously,"

"Totally,"

"Obey him!" Uma shouts and Rain's eyes vero in on Uma's necklace.

"Ben's been spelled!" relief washes over Rain.

"Uma found your spell book," Mal nods, agreeing with Evie's statement. Rain looks up at the horrific stained glass one last time.

"True love...Here we go," Rain walks forward gently "Ben...calm down," She puts her arm out gently, he seems to be breathing more steadily, Rain walks forward, putting her arm down and keeping eye contact with him, he tries to avoid it "Look at me,"

"Is she taming a dog?" Jay mumbles and the VKs laugh, incredibly squashed on the tiny sofa with Lonnie jane and Doug.

"No! Look at me! You love me, remember," Rain laughs slightly and Uma looks outraged

"No, you don't"

"Yes, you do!"

"Ben, look at me," the gentler approach seems to be appealing to him, Ben's eyes no longer switch between the two girls, they stay on Rain. Uma keeps shouting at Fairy Godmother but Rain's too focused on trying to keep Ben's eyes on her "Ben, I never told you that I loved you, because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought it was only a matter of time before you realised that yourself! But Ben! That's me!" he turns to look at the glass "in that horrible stained glass, that you probably spent weeks on,"

"You're so mean!" Ben pouts

"I'm sorry!" Rain laughs

"I'm part Isle and part Auradon, hence why I can tell you the truth about that god-awful thing!"

Uma tries to protest and a few times Ben looks at her, but he keeps looking back at Rain "you've always known who we were, and who we can be. Ben, I know what love feels like now, because I love you. I've always loved you," Rain leans up to go for a kiss and Ben doesn't protest.

When they part Ben's, eyes are filled with admiration yet again.

"You love me?" he looks so bloody smug, but Rain smiles anyway.

"Bastard,"

"Yeah..." they keep their foreheads together.

"True loves kiss, works every time," Mal and Evie's voices break through the moment.

"Give it to me!" Uma goes for the wand.

"Guards! Seize her!" Fairy Godmother tries to fight her off before Uma goes to jump in the sea.

"Here we go," Doug sighs

"No! Stop!" Rain steps out before the guards can react "Uma! I know you! You are so much more than just a villain! A pain in my arse" she goes to jump "Sorry! Bad joke! I know where you're coming from! You just want the Isle free! I get that! I really do! Those kids don't deserve the treatment they get! We can help them! Do not let your pride get in the way of something you want! I've been where you are now!" Uma's necklace starts glowing. She makes a leap for the railing and Rain screams for her to stop. They all watch as the yellow glow beneath the water grows bigger, A huge wave engulfs Them and Rain spots several tentacles before Ben pulls her back.

"God that's cold," Rain mutters, her hair now soaked.

"Hot,"

"Lonnie!"

Rain runs towards the deck railing, Uma's now much bigger and her legs are replaced with tentacles.

"True love's kiss won't defeat this! The world will know my name!" Uma uses one of her many new tentacles to hit the ship, and then again. Mal starts pacing before purple smoke surrounds her, then turns into a dragon...

"What?!"

"That's so cool Mal!" Rain grins, like a kid on Christmas, Mal just stares at the screen, shocked.

Rain is pulled back by Ben and suddenly a line of fairy lights go out and Rain's hands are glowing with golden energy.

"Rain...?"

-----&-----

a/n: Hi! I'm alive and my new Years Resolution is to finish this book! Comments mean the world!