If Only

Ben helps Rain down and everyone files into the car. Jay and Lonnie stay at the front. Mal, Carlos and Evie at the other end of the limo.

When they speed off, Rain turns around. Her spell book lies on the ground.

"Oh, I knew it would be important!" Doug exclaims

"We don't that that Uma's gonna -?" Carlos looks over to Rain in panic

"I'm really sorry, that things didn't go the way you wanted them to," Rain looks over to Ben.

"As long as you're safe, that's all that matters to me," Rain looks away quickly, gulping.

"Awwww,"

Rain smacks a pillow into her face.

"At least I got to see the Isle, they're my people too," He pauses for a moment "Uma helped me see that."

"Sure Ben, it's great to hear that" she says genuinely "But Uma kidnapped you and held you for ransom. She blackmailed me!"

"Points are being made!" Lonnie repeats

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from when you came to Auradon Rain,"

Silence.

"What a bloody dare you-"

Mal opens her mouth to stop the upcoming rant, but shut's it quickly.

Rain shifts away from Ben.

"Uma is manipulative and horrible. She made me turn on my only friends," Rain points to the others', "the only family I ever knew, just because she couldn't let go of something that happened when her and Mal were 12! You wanna know why I'm self-conscious, why I was so scared for a relationship? Why sometimes Mal or Evie wake up to my crying in the middle of the night?" he looks shocked "Because of her. So, don't ever. Ever! Compare me to her again," Rain crosses her legs and looks out the window.

Silence.

"Rai..." Ben tries to put his hand on Rain knee.

"Get off me," she pushes him off.

Off screen, Ben doesn't even try to approach Ben, on screen him messed up.

"Awkward," Dude mutters and Rain forgot he could talk for moment as Evie gasps.

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should," Carlos says, looking at the couple uneasily.

----------&----------

Jay parks the limo, and everyone files out. Many students give them a look. Rain hadn't dressed like that in a while, and Ben. Well, he'd never been seen like it.

"Ben!" Jane rushes over "There you are, cotillion is tonight, come here," she pulls him. Rain just stands still, unsure what to do with herself.

"Look, this is the stained-glass window for Mal. isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it!"

"What is that?!" Rain exclaims

"It's a stained-glass window...?"

"Oh, my Hades -"

Ben's hand slides to Rain's back and she looks up "Do you wanna cancel?"

"Um, you know, I can come back," Jane starts, noticing tension "but like, really soon,"

"Now's fine," Ben goes to look at the tablet again, he looks back at Rain "Do whatever you need to do," Instead of answering, she stays silent and still until Evie and Mal pull her away.