The Enchanted lake

A/N: This is unedited, so their may be a few mistakes but I really wanted to get this out today. It's also 3AM and I'm exhausted.

----------&----------

Rain's sat on her bed whilst Evie applies blush and Mal watches from the side-lines.

"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away"

"And why would that be?" Carlos asks Rain sarcastically

"Because I need to be front row to get the wand," Rain rolls her eyes, yet somehow knew that on screen her did want to for other reasons

Mal laughs "Not that you could,"

"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes,"

"My mum was never really big on makeup tips - too focused on hair and I never had a sister."

"Well now you have two,"

"You guys really are a family," Rapunzel smiles over at the VK's "you can deny it, but it's obvious you care,"

"We're going to need all the family we can get If we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White."

"True," said woman mutters and everyone looks over at the quiet woman

"Are you afraid of her, are either of you afraid of your mothers?" Mal asks

"Sometimes, Rain?" Rain looks down at the floor and is clearly lost in thought "You okay?" Evie adds.

"Is it bad if I say yes," Mal and Evie looked shocked "she shouts and screams and thinks she's perfect, that's what makes it worse, she thinks she's a perfect mother but," She pauses

"Oh my god," Rapunzel mutters "How bad was it for you?" Rain just looks down as she realises that people over in Auradon didn't get that sort of treatment. Ben made a vow to get more people over from the Isle if this is how their own parents treated them as Rain let Evie and Carlos wrap their arms around her.

"What about you Mal,"

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way."

"Moving on, come see" Evie pulls Rain up

"We're done?"

Evie pulls her in front of the mirror, hugging Rain from behind. Her hair is half up half down, A plait across the top of her head with a bun, and burgundy eyeshadow and a pinky lipstick on.

"Wow... Did not know I could look," Rain searches for the correct word "Princess-y. But like cool,"

Evie see's Rain's shocked expression "I know"

"I look..."

"Say it,"

"Not hideous."

"Not even close,"

The knocking awakes Rain from her trace and Mal gives her a thumbs up as she walks towards the door.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," Rain snorts at Ben

Off screen Rain also snorts, along with a few people openly laughing

"I hope you like bikes," Rain grabs the helmet from him and as she turns around she widens her eyes at Evie and mouths a 'help' as Evie giggles.