5

The next morning I got dressed in some work jeans, an old Harley t-shirt, and my steel toe boots. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and made sure I had an extra hair tie in case I needed to bun it out of the way. I didn't bother with makeup today because I knew I'd wind up covered in grease anyways. I ate a small breakfast and had some coffee before deciding I should head out.

When I pulled into the lot, a couple of guys wearing leather turned to stare at me as I parked my car.

"Sorry Princess, garage isn't open just yet," the tallest man with black curly hair said.

"What?" I asked before I realized he thought I was a customer. "Oh," I giggled a little. "I'm Nick, the new mechanic."

"You're the new mechanic?" A shorter and heavier set man with crazy curly hair said.

"Yes sir," I said as Gemma opened the office door.

"There she is," she said. I nodded and smiled to the men as I walked past them.

"Mornin' Gemma," I said. She hugged me gently before allowing me to clock in.

"This is Lowell a mechanic," Gemma said. "And that is Half Sack, a MC prospect. Guys this is Nick."

"Nice to meet y'all," I said.

"You too," Lowell said.

"Glad you're here. We've got three oil changes to do right now. And we're short garage space cause Bobby is fixing his bike," Half Sack said, nodding towards the Harley in the garage.

"What's wrong with the bike?" I asked.

"Don't know but he won't let anyone else touch it," he said. I held my hands up in innocence. He chuckled as Lowell started to work on the first car.

"You're with me. Lowell's a bit of a loner," Half Sack said.

I nodded. "So you got a real name or-?" I let the sentence end slowly as I looked to him.

"Kip," he said. "But Half Sack works."

"I like Kip better," I said. He just chuckled as we started working together.

A couple of the guys came in and started harassing Kip about his new girlfriend.

"Name's Nick," I said. "I'm sure Gemma gave you a heads up." My hands never left what I was doing in the car while I shot my mouth off at the guys.

"Woah there darlin'," the blonde said. "You know who you're talking to?"

"Hmm? The VP of the Mother charter," I said. "That mean something in this garage?"

"I'm Jax Teller. As in Teller-Morrow," he said. "As in your boss."

"That's my bad. I thought Gemma was the boss."

The taller curly haired one from this morning laughed as did Kip and the older one with the scars on his face.

"Don't worry Princess. She is. My name's Tig. This is Chibs. The one with me this morning was Bobby. You'll meet the rest as they make their faces known." Tig threw his arm over my shoulders as I worked and he spoke.

"Please get your hands off me," I said. "I don't know how things work around here, but I'm here as a mechanic. I'm not some piece of ass for you to push up on."

I'd worked in enough garages with enough men that I knew to not let them push me around. The earlier I set boundaries with these boys the better respected they would be.

"Alright, alright, I know when I'm not wanted," he joked.

"Oh I want you to be elbow deep in a car so I don't have to work late on my first day," I said with a soft smile.

"I'm very busy sweetcheeks," he said. I rolled my eyes as the guys continued to laugh and joke around. When the patched members walked away finally, Kip spoke up.

"No one's ever turned Tig down before. That was impressive," he said. I smirked.

"Yeah well, can't let him think I'm just another gash for him to sink his dick into," I said. "Besides all these guys are mechanics and you and Lowell are the only ones who ever do any work."

"I'll have my day with a patch," he said. "Six months left til the vote."

"You seem the type to have no issues pulling your weight," I said.

He blushed and shook his head before we went back to work.