52

After the fight of the night before, I was considering maybe letting Happy support us, at least for a year or two. It was just taking a lot of processing and working through shit for me. That was the reason I'd been working on the Panhead to begin with. I needed the space to focus and clear my head, and since I can't ride, working on my ride would have to do.

When we arrived at the garage for work the following morning, we both punched in and Happy immediately went off to get me some water. He came back with my water bottle and a coffee for himself. I thanked him and sat down at the desk, working through some paperwork. Gemma was in serious need of organization in here so it was nice for Chucky and I to never run out of work to do.

We were sitting in the office when Nero and Gemma pulled in. Happy and Chibs were working on a car together and I didn't miss the glare they received from Nero. I'd have to inquire about that.

"Hey little mama," Nero said.

"Everything okay?" I asked. He just nodded and kissed Gemma's head before heading off in search of Jax.

Gemma sat down at the desk and immediately went to work. She was the one I was going to talk to about everything with Hap, but after the interactions I'd seen this morning, that was changing.

"You know if Corri is around?" I asked Chucky softly.

"Juice is in the clubhouse."

"Thanks."

I walked out to the garage where Happy and Chibs were. Chibs saw me before Happy and looked up at me with a smile. I heard Happy muttering my name and some other stuff as he worked.

When he quieted down, I walked up and wrapped my arms around him. "You boys able to handle this or do you need a real mechanic?"

"Good morning lass," Chibs said with a soft smile. I leaned a little away from Happy so I could look up at his face and he just shook his head and kissed me quickly before turning back to the car.

"Hap was fillin me in," Chibs said. "Openin up."

"Good. You're his brother and his friend. He can trust you," I said. Chibs just nodded. "And I trust you'll give him good advice like 'don't hurt the traumatized woman carrying your baby.'" They both chuckled at that statement as Chibs vocalized his agreement.

"Everything okay with Nero?"

"Just Diosa shit. Don't worry about it baby. Not good for our girl," Hap said, kissing my forehead.

I nodded and leaned into his chest some.

"I'm gonna go talk to Juice. Holler if you need someone with smaller hands working in there," I said, smirking and walking away.

Juice was sitting at the bar. The doors of the chapel were shut, so I assumed that Jax and Nero were inside.

"Just the man I was looking for," I said sitting down with him as Rat offered me a drink. I smiled and politely declined and he went back to doing inventory before the party this afternoon. The Sons don't need a reason to celebrate, but a gender reveal is a good one.

"What can I do?"

"Corri around?" I asked. He shook his head a little.

"You and her doing alright?"

He nodded, smiling at the thoughts of her. "Yeah, yeah. She had to go to Seattle for a few days. She's pretty bummed about missing the gender reveal."

I nodded a little and went to stand up. "Just looking for some advice."

"Gemma?" He suggested.

"Didn't seem in the mood for it today. I'll just talk to my old man," I said. I hugged Juice tightly and told him I was proud of him. He'd found a good woman to make his old lady and he needed to know that.

I returned to the garage to help out for the last little bit before Happy and I needed to leave.