30

"I'm gonna go see Gemma while you get the stencil ready," I said, walking across the lot to my old man. He nodded and kissed my lips before we headed separate ways. I walked up to the office and Chucky was working on some paperwork but Gemma was no where in sight. Chucky had recently come into the clubs protection and they put him to work in the office since he's an accountant.

"Mornin' Chuck," I said. "You know where Gemma is?"

He looked up at me and smiled. "Morning. She went to see the grand baby."

I nodded and looked out into the garage. "I'm not allowed to work and the guys are as good as useless, how is Lowell holding up?"

"Good I think," Chucky said. He nodded a little. I smiled softly and went to walk into the garage.

"No ma'am," Chucky said. "I'm under strict orders from the boss and she scares me."

"She scares everyone Chucky. Lowell needs help."

"No can do," Chucky said. I tried to pout a little and give him a set of sad puppy eyes but Tig and Juice walked into the office.

"How ya doing?" Juice asked. I nodded and I smiled a little.

He hugged me quickly as Chucky gave Tig the repo list.

"Hap took me to meet his Mom," I said softly, blushing that I was confiding this to these bikers. If it'd just been Chucky and Juice it would've been one thing. With Tig present it felt a little awkward.

"That's amazing," Juice said. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Looks like you had a good time at home last night too," Tig said, coming over to brush my hair off my shoulder.

My cheeks burned as I nodded almost reflexively.

"If you'll excuse me, I have a crow to get," I said.

"Congrats," Tig said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back and thanked him.

Juice pulled me into a hug next. "Welcome to the family little sis." I relaxed into his hug more than Tig's and thanked him.

"Does that make you my brother? I've always wanted a brother," I said.

"Course it does," he said. I smiled again before Tig was dragging him off to the truck and I was headed into the clubhouse. I walked into the building and there was some new prospect behind the bar.

"Can I help you?" He asked, obviously checking my visible skin for ink.

"I'm Happy's old lady, Nick. I work in the garage too, 's how we met," I said. "He in the back?"

He nodded.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Guys call me Ratboy," he said.

"Not what I asked," I replied, glaring at him a little.

"George," he said. I could tell he didn't like that name.

"Do you prefer Ratboy?" I asked.

"I honestly didn't think you'd talk to me," he said as someone laughed in the hallway. I'd know that laugh anywhere, but just because it was my old man doesn't mean that I didn't jump ten feet in the air at the sudden noise.

"She respects all the boys Rat, get used to it," Hap said. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Crows too, which is why I don't have issues with them. You won't be my first problem child will you?"

"No ma'am," he said. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Nick works," I said. "But I appreciate the respect."

He nodded and Happy took my hand. "You're too good to them."

I nodded a little. "I've been low man on the totem pole and just one person smiling and telling me I was doing good saved my life."

He chuckled at me and shook his head.

"You know I'm gonna have to put him in his place cause he definitely thinks you're hot," Happy said.

"Everyone thinks I'm hot but I only have eyes for you my love," I said.

He kissed my lips quickly before telling me to take a seat so he could start laying the stencil.