50

The following morning, I got up and made breakfast for the four of us in the house and started some coffee before going to wake everyone up. We ate in near silence as Happy and his aunt both were too tense to speak. I cleaned up a little with Happy's help. I knew he needed to keep his hands busy so he didn't get too stressed out.

"Let's go get dressed," I said softly. He nodded a little and headed down the hall.

"It'll get better babe," Kozik said.

I nodded in agreement and hugged him quickly. "I know. Just hard right now." He kissed the top of my head and I headed down the hall. Happy was sitting in the room staring at his bag.

"I wanna ride," he said. "Give her an escort. The guys will ride with me."

I nodded. "Want me to follow in the cage?"

"Ride with me."

I just nodded and laid out my clothes before going to shower quickly. I got dressed in knee length black dress and did my hair and make up. Happy was dressed in a new pair of jeans and a black button down with his kutte on top. The guys were here and drinking coffee when I returned to the kitchen. They all just nodded to me politely before going back to their softly spoken conversation. I kissed Happy's cheek and told him I'd go check on his aunt.

When I found her, she was sitting in Maria's bedroom, staring out the windows.

"Is there anything I can get for you?" I asked softly from the doorway. I wasn't going to enter the room without her permission.

"No thank you dear," she said. "I'd just like to be alone a while longer."

I nodded and closed the door, leaving it just slightly open in case she needed to yell for us.

I was walking back down the hallway when Tig intercepted me.

"How's he holding up?" He asked softly as we walked further down the hall.

"I don't really know," I said. "It's hard for me to get a gauge on where he's at. He threw a coffee mug the other day. And told me he wasn't sure why he married me. We've worked through it, but it's been rough."

"Come here doll," he said, pulling me into a hug.

"Will you take him to the ring? I think maybe getting to fight a little will help get his head clear."

"Maybe when we're back in Charming," he said. "You're old man's a bit psycho. I'm not gonna fuck with him today."

I nodded and smiled softly. "Thanks."

"Anything for you Nick. You know that," he said. I nodded and he kissed my temple before leading me back down the hall.

"We should leave," Happy said, glancing up at the clock.

"How's your aunt getting there?" I asked softly, interlacing my hand with his.

"She's going to drive herself," he said. I nodded and leaned against him as she walked down the hall.

We all headed off to the funeral home, Happy and I leading the way on a borrowed Harley. I was genuinely surprised he was okay with me riding while pregnant, but then again maybe he knew I needed the feeling of riding as much as he does.

We followed the hearse from the funeral home to the cemetery. The funeral service was beautiful and simple. Happy said a few words, and started crying in the middle.

I stood up and walked up to him. "Can you finish?" I asked softly. He wasn't used to crying, especially not in front of people. And there were plenty of people. The club showed up in support and most of Redwood and Tacoma were here.

"Yeah," he said. I went to turn but he grabbed my hand and held it as he turned back to everyone and apologized for the interruption that he considered his tears to be. I stood with him, rubbing his arm softly with one hand as the other held his tightly.

When he finished Kozik handed us each a fresh cut rose. "From her garden," he said. I smiled as my eyes watered and I placed the rose on the casket as Happy mumbled something and kissed the rose before setting it down.

When the service ended, we spoke to almost everyone who'd come in and thanked them. After about an hour, we headed home so I could make dinner.