23

The next morning the bed was once again empty when I woke up. I wiped my eyes and dragged myself out of bed. I didn't want to be getting up already but here I was, dragging myself to the bathroom at 6:30 in the morning because I couldn't sleep anymore.

Before long I headed down to the bar and got some coffee from Juice.

"Hap took Kozik with him to the cabin. They'll be back before long," he explained.

"Thanks," I said as I sat down at the bar. I sat in silence until some of the others started to get up.

"Who's Andre the giant?" I asked softly as I leaned closer to Juice.

"Quinn," he said. "He looks scarier than he is."

"Eh I don't know about that," I said. Juice turned to look at me instead of his laptop.

"You are dating Happy Lowman and you think Quinn is scary?"

He raised voice drew in his brother's attention, earning many chuckles from the few guys in the bar.

"I'm flattered that I have an affect," Quinn said. "You must be Nicole."

"Please call me Nick. It's nice to meet you," I said.

"You too," he said, still smirking about the fact that I was slightly scared of him.

I started to head back to the dorm when I figured I'd protect myself from Hap finding out.

"Any of you utter a word of this to Hap and I will cut your dick off," I said, glaring at the men around me.

"Alright Princess," Jax said.

"Jackson, I will start with yours," I said.

"Just keep telling yourself that," he said.

I shook my head as I walked back down the hallway. I got dressed and ready for the day before heading out to the kitchen to help Gemma.

I'd been working on helping Gemma make some salads when my phone rang.

"Answer it," she said. I nodded and wiped my hands before picking my phone up.

"Hello," I said softly.

"Nick," her voice came through. My eyes widened and I smacked Juice on the shoulder. I put the call on speaker as he started to try and track it.

"Hey, hi," I said. Juice was hurrying to track the phone call.

"Where are you?"

"In WITSEC," I lied.

"Bullshit."

"Not federal obviously," I said. Juice was making a motion with his hand to tell me he needed more time. "Where are you? I've missed you. I'd forgotten how much until I saw you the other day."

"Why didn't you just come with me," she said.

"I had plans. I wish I could've though. Being with you totally would've beat hanging out with the lot of bikers I work with."

"Yeah about that, I don't like it. You're gonna need to quit. I can support us both."

"I know, I know. I just, I figured after all we had been through, that ma-."

She cut me off. "You were thinking again, weren't you. What have I told you about that silly? If you just let me do the thinking for the both of us we would never have been in this wild goose chase in the first place."

"I know," I said. I looked at Juice as he just shook his head. He didn't have it pinpointed yet. She must've had it bouncing off towers. "I'm really sorry. For everything. Maybe if we can meet in person and talk about it we can figure things out."

The stress I was under was making me sound more emotional than I intended to.

"You'll have to come to me. I won't put myself in danger to be kidnapped again. I'm serious. You try-." Juice was nodding and already dialing his phone.

"Send me the address and time. I gotta go the bikers are getting suspicious," I said and ended the call.

I placed my head on the bar and cried silently. A hand on my back caught me off guard.

"You did really good," Quinn said.

"Thanks," I mumbled without looking up.

"Nick, Hap said to stay here with Quinn and Gemma," Juice said. I nodded slightly and almost everyone took off out the doors.