53

Happy drove us to the appointment in my car. He could tell something was on my mind and asked about it as he interlaced our hands.

"Just been thinking a lot about the argument last night," I said.

"I am sorry about that. I was pissed about the run taking so long and then you were working on the bike and I was worried," he said.

"Thanks for telling me that," I said. "But I'm not upset about it. I want to be able to let you take care of us. Really. I just don't know how to do that."

"I'm not going to hurt you baby. Ever-."

"I know Hap," I said, shifting slightly in my seat as he pulled up to St. Thomas. "That's why I've been thinking, we should see how maternity leave goes. I'm not going to commit to anything right now, but we can reevaluate my return to work after I've been home with our baby girl for those six weeks."

He smiled a little at that. "You do know how hard it's going to be to change everyone's way of talking bout her if it turns out that we're having a boy, right?"

I nodded a little as I laughed and we both got out of the car. He froze for a second and slid his kutte off.

"Wear it. I married all of you, and I'm not ashamed of you or your place in the club," I said softly as I met him at the front of my car. He nodded and kissed my lips gently. He'd only been to one other appointment with me and he'd come right from some undercover shit so he hadn't had his kutte with him.

We made our way into the hospital and headed off in the direction of my appointment. I had to fill out a bunch of dumb paperwork because why wouldn't I? Doctors offices are notorious for making you do more paperwork than you need to. They just saw me two weeks ago, surely not that much has changed.

"Nicole Lowman," one of the nurses called and I took Happy's hand and we followed her back.

I talked to her for a minute as Happy stood next to me intimidatingly. He just stood there and stared. She was obviously worried about me and about his presence.

After a bit the doctor came in and we talked before she told us that all seemed to be well. She started the ultrasound machine and began the ultrasound. I reached out and took Happy's hand and he relaxed a little, taking a deep breath as we both heard the baby's heart. I smiled and he leaned down to kiss my head.

"Were you wanting to know the gender?"

"Yes, please," I said.

"It looks like you're having a little girl," she said. "Congrats."

I smiled and looked up at Happy who's eyes were watering slightly. "A mini Nick." He shook his head as the idea fully solidified. I think he'd always held a little hope we were having a boy.

"I can't wait," I said as I got cleaned up.

"Alright we'll see you in two more weeks Miss Lowman," she said.

"Mrs.," I corrected her. "We're married."

"Oh I'm sorry," she said. I shook my head and took Happy's hand in mine.

We headed out to schedule my next appointment when hospital security stopped us.

"Ma'am," the younger man said. "Are you Nicole Lowman?"

"Yes, why?"

"Your nurse asked us to come check on you," he said, eyeing Happy suspiciously.

"I am fine. My baby girl is fine. Happy is a great father and husband. He'd never lay a hand on either of us. You imply that shit again and I won't stop him from laying a hand on you."

They both just stared at me for a second before I took Happy's hand and turned back to the receptionist.

Once my next appointment was set, we headed out, opting to grab food at the diner since neither of us really wanted to go back to work.

"That'll make a great story to tell everyone," I said as we sat in our booth together.

Happy just watched me expectantly.

"Happy intimidated the nurse so much she called security on him and I threatened them with him," I said. He chuckled a little and nodded as we continued to eat.