15

The day ended and I had to head home and get ready for the party that SAMCRO was throwing tonight. I said a quick goodbye to Gemma before hopping on my bike and securing my helmet onto my head.

The drive home was short and simple. I'd run it a million times in my time in Charming. I turned the corner that was second to last and had to swerve to miss someone standing in the road. I slowed to a stop, turning to scold whoever was standing in the road when there was a gun trained to the center of my forehead.

"Woah," I said, more out of shock than anything else. I held my hands up in a sort of surrender.

"Off the bike," she ordered. My eyes focused further away and my heart rate spiked. Her.

"How the hell did you find me?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"You're not as difficult to follow as you think. And Aubrey sold you out," she said. I wanted to tackle her, to break her face by smashing it off the pavement. But, I knew I'd never get that far. I'd be dead before I laid a hand on her.

"What did you do to her?" I asked, glaring at the woman who still had a gun to my forehead.

"Nothing. Apparently you're only worth fifty k though," she said. "Now get in the car."

"No," I said. I wasn't going anywhere with her.

"Get in the damn car Nicole," she said. I heard some Harleys in the distance and figured if I was going to put up a fight, now needed to be the time.

I reached for the gun barrel with my left hand and her inner wrist with my right, hoping to disarm her by snapping her wrist in. The movement was clunky but it caught her off guard and the gun rattled to the ground. I punched her twice in the face as the Harleys turned down onto the road we were still standing in.

"Nick," Juice yelled as the bike engines were killed.

"Fuck," I said, my adrenaline levels dropping instantly.

"Call Sack, get the van down here," Hap said, coming over to us. He flashed the gun in his waist band to the woman and her eyes went wide with what I assumed was terror. I'd never seen that expression on her face before.

"You good?" He asked, not letting his eyes leave her as she sat on the ground by the curb. I bent down to pick up her gun.

"Yeah," I said, sliding it into the back of my waist band. "But I guess I need to tell y'all about the call."

He only nodded as a van came to a screeching hault.

"Get in the van," Happy growled and she complied.

"Take her to the cabin Sack," Happy said. "I'm having Jax call church."

Kip nodded and looked at me.

"I'm fine," I said. "Please, don't let her out of your sight."

He hugged me quickly before he climbed in the van and drove off. Juice, Happy, and I returned to the clubhouse for Church, the party long forgotten about. As we waited for everyone to gather again, I paced the bar anxiously.

I'd spent years trying to get out of that situation. I spent my last dime getting away from her and yet, she found me. She broke the one person I still trusted and she got her way yet again.

"Nick," Jax said, earning my attention immediately. "Come in, stand at the opposite end of the table as me and we will hear you out but Happy is pissed."

I nodded and followed him in, standing where he told me. The table was full.

"Nick, what's going on?"