14

I glared at him and he shook his head.

"We're on repos today, but will you give me a second alone with him?" I asked Juice. He just nodded and walked out of the clubhouse leaving Happy and I alone at the bar.

"I'm sorry," I said softly. "I know I should let you in and let you protect me, but the only people I've ever trusted have left or harmed me."

"C'mere," he said, pulling me into his arms. "I shouldn't have gotten pissed and stormed out. I know you can protect yourself. I just want to be able to protect you too."

"I know that Happy," I said. "I just, there's a lot about my past that I decided to leave behind when I headed out here. I don't want to bring it up again."

"There's two ways relationships in this world work little girl," he said. "Total disclosure or total ignorance."

"I want us to be honest with each other," I said. "I need to know what's going on with you or I won't be able to be the best girlfriend I can be."

"That honesty is a two way street," he said. I nodded and leaned into his chest.

"I will get there Happy," I said. "I just don't want you all to see me as some helpless little girl."

"You're far from helpless," he said. I nodded again.

"I know. Just I've fought so hard to be one of the guys here-."

"Hey, no one will think less of you for trusting us and asking for help," he said.

"I don't want them to think I'm using them to get rid of my problems," I said. He shook his head at that but his verbal response was cut off by Juice opening the door.

"Nick we've got a repo," he said.

"Coming," I responded, wiping my face with my hands.

"We'll talk more later." Happy kissed my head and I headed outside with Juice.

He hopped up into the truck and I got into the passenger seat.

"Know where we're going?" I asked.

He just nodded and chuckled a little. "Yes, I do."

"Good," I said.

"How're things with Hap?"

"We're dating," I said. "Working on total honesty between us."

He stared at me.

"What?"

"Are you sure that you're ready for that?" He asked, genuinely shocked.

"Yes," I said simply. "I care about him and I don't trust relationships where things are hidden so we're both working on being honest with the other."

Juice shock his head as he parked the truck. We were repo-ing a classic Mustang. To be honest the car was beautiful but I didn't feel bad because the people here clearly couldn't afford it.

"I'll go give the paperwork," he said.

"No we go together."

He just shook his head. "You get hurt and Happy will kill me. Ope and I have been shot at on this street before."

I just nodded and he posted the paperwork on the door, thankful no one was home. We made quick work of hooking the car up to the truck and we headed back to the garage.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Not right now," Juice said as we disconnected the car from the truck. The bank people would pick it up later today.

I nodded and walked into the garage where Lowell was working while a young boy watched him.

"Hey Lowell," I said softly so I didn't spook him.

"Nick," he said. "This is my son Moby."

"Well, Moby, it's nice to meet you," I said sweetly.

"You don't look like a Nick," he said, tilting his head to one side curiously.

"My real name's Nicole," I said softly. "But that's between you and me, okay?"

He nodded and smiled brightly at the secret we now shared.

"He likes watching me work," Lowell explained.

"Well Moby, you are in luck. Your Dad is one of the best mechanics I've ever worked with," I said.

"Really?" He asked eagerly.

"Really," I said. "Hey I've got a Harley out there if you want to go look at it in a little while."

"Can we dad?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure thing," Lowell said. "Give me like ten more minutes."

I nodded and stepped up into the office.

"Wow," Gemma said. "You're great with him. Both actually. Lowell is really warming up to you. Especially after the interest in Moby."

"Lowell doesn't get hyped up as much as he should. Every son should look up to their Daddy as a hero," I said, shrugging a little as she hugged me. We talked a little more before Moby came to get me so I could show him my bike.