19

"I need to know anything and everything you can remember about her. I've still got the last ping of the phone number she called from but she clearly isn't there anymore," Juice said. He was sitting at Happy's desk with his laptop in front of him. Happy and I were sitting on the foot of the bed close to where Juice was so we could converse easily.

"Well maybe start with hacking into the county records. There should be tons of info on her in my case file," I said.

"What county?"

"Daviess," I said, spelling it out for him so he found the right county.

"Tell us about her," Happy said as Juice worked.

"Well I met her at a strip club. Was there for a bachelorette party. She owned the place and was tending the bar. We started talking cause I was the DD so my just asking for water intrigued her. It's called This Side of Heaven I think."

"You think she'd be looking to stay in a high class hotel around here or something a little cheaper?"

"High class," I said. "Well high middle class. She makes good money from the club but she ain't exactly rich ya know."

"Any aliases?"

"Not that I know of," I said. "She was married once. His last name was Jones if that helps."

"Well the problem is she could be anywhere. It's tough to find your way through the woods out there," Juice said.

"Elements might kill her before I get to," Happy said, clearly annoyed by the matter.

"We'll find her and I'll help you rip her limb from limb. Think we could draw and quarter her? That sounds wonderfully painful," I said.

"New girls twisted," Juice said. "Got it."

Happy smirked and chuckled a little. "Leave the torturing to me doll."

"Fine," I said with a pout. "But I think that's the very least she deserves for killing Kip."

"Oh trust me, she will feel that and then some," Happy said, making me laugh psychotically in response. I covered my mouth the second the laugh escaped my lips.

Juice and Happy both turned to look at me.

"Well this relationship makes a lot more sense now," Juice stated before turning back to his computer.

I smiled a little at Happy as he pulled me into his arms.

"You're perfect," he said lowly so his brother wouldn't hear. I kissed his cheek and settled into his lap as he held me close to his chest.

"What else can you tell me?" Happy asked.

"I don't know. She's a little OCD. Not like the hates messes kind but like the if I don't flick this light switch seven times my cat will die kind," I said. "It's under control with meds though. Um-."

"She's staying at the hotel on River Street," Juice said. "Hacked the cameras and it's definitely her. Just don't know if she's back there yet."

"She's terrible at navigating. My guess is not," I said.

"The woods all lead back to roads that lead the Charming. Gotta be real lost to not drift back into town. On the off chance she makes it to Lodi or Stockton, we'll get her image out to our relations there," Happy said. I nodded and leaned closer to his chest.

Happy's phone rang after a few minutes of silence and he stepped out to answer it. Juice continued to type away so I curled up into a ball on the bed. My heart was broken because Kip had died protecting me. That wasn't fair to him. He was such a good kid.

Happy stepped back into the room and I looked up at him.

"That was Jax. They're headed back down. Gonna call Tacoma and see if they'll spare a few guys. Baby, you're staying here until we find her. Don't go anywhere without a patch," he said.

I nodded a little. "Patch is a patched in member, yeah?"

"Yeah," Happy said and I nodded again.

"I won't," I said. He sat down with me again and Juice continued to work, occasionally asking questions. He compiled everything he could on her to take to the table in the morning. For tonight we were all to rest.