49

The following afternoon a group of the SAMCRO guys arrived in Bakersfield. Jax, Chibs, and Tig all drove up for the funeral. Gemma had packed bags for Happy and I and sent them up with the guys which I was thankful for. They stopped at the house shortly before dinner the night before the funeral to check on us and make sure everything was going okay. Happy refused to let them wear their kuttes in the house. His mother didn't know much beyond that he was in the MC. She had no idea what that really meant and he kept it that way to protect her.

"Alright boys, dinner is done," I said, stepping into the living room where the five men were sitting and drinking beers. Happy's aunt and I had made enough dinner for them all because I figured they'd wind up here tonight despite having a hotel room across town.

"We'll get out of here then," Jax said as he stood up.

"But Nick cooked man," Tig complained.

"It's okay Jax. We made enough for everyone," I said.

"That cool with you Happy?" Jax asked as the guys all stood up.

"I'm not dealing with Nick if y'all leave without eating," he said. I glared at him as he walked over to me. I slapped his arm slightly, mocking offense, as he kissed my cheek.

"Wash up. All of you. I'll get you cold beers," I said.

They all headed to the sink to wash their hands as I grabbed five cold beers and took them to the table.

Throughout dinner the guys made small talk with Happy's aunt and she happily indulged stories of him from his youth. Every time she mentioned Maria my eyes quickly went to my old man to make sure he was okay. His eyes watered a little but he would smile and fill in the details or defend himself as he needed to.

Once dinner was done and we'd cleaned the kitchen, Happy's aunt excused herself to go to bed. I asked if she needed anything but she was adamant that she was okay.

I sat down on the couch with Happy, Kozik, and Chibs. I ended up in Happy's lap, not that either of us were complaining. He wrapped his arms around me and held me against his chest.

The guys were all talking, just catching up, nothing business related because I was around. I laid on Happy's chest, occasionally adding my own input, but for the most part I kept quiet.

"You okay little girl?"

I nodded slowly. I was really really craving ice cream, but I'd be fine without it.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I want ice cream," I said. He laughed slightly and shook his head.

"Let me up," he said.

"You don't have to go to the store," I said. He picked me up and stood up before setting me on my feet.

"What my girls want, they get. I'll be back," he said, kissing my forehead before walking off to grab the keys.

I sat back down as Chibs was staring at me.

"What?"

"What my girls want they get?" He asked. "You got something to tell us Lass?"

"You will have to take that up with your brother," I said. Happy walked out of the kitchen and didn't notice the looks he was getting.

"Nick, where's the keys for the cage?" He asked.

"My purse by the front door," I said.

"Excuse me brother, you got something you wanna tell us?" Tig asked.

"Um, nope," Happy said.

"Babe, they put two and two together," I said. He just grabbed the keys and tried to leave. "Can I tell them?"

He froze in the doorway and turned to face me.

"I love both of you," he said before walking out.

"How long have you known?" Jax asked.

"I went to the hospital right before we came up here. Gemma made me cause she thought I was pregnant. Morning sickness was kicking my ass at TM everyday for like a week," I said.

"Congratulations," Chibs said.

"Yeah, congrats," Jax said.

"Let's hope the kid looks like you Nick," Tig said earning a laugh from the guys.

"Hopefully she will," I said.

"It's a girl?" Chibs asked.

"We don't know for sure," I said. "I'm only about nine weeks, so we won't know for a while. I'm just hoping for a girl."

"Why a girl?" Tig asked. "Then they get to be teens and hormonal and it's a whole thing."

"Because Tiggy, would you want to raise Happy Jr?" I asked.

The guys laughed at that and I cuddled into Kozik's side as the guys continued to talk about having another kid around.

Before long, Happy returned with ice cream for me and I ate it in silence as the guys harassed him about being a dad. Although since three of them were fathers they did have some good advice too.

Before long Happy was kicking them out so we could get some rest before the funeral the next day.