35

When I approached Gemma, she was instantly laying Abel in my arms. I cooed to him as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Jax's about to make an announcement. I'm gonna need you to babysit Abel, okay," she said. I nodded and bounced the boy a little as he slept.

"Of course," I said. I turned to Happy a little as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

We only had about thirty seconds before Jax whistled to get everyone's attention.

"We wanted to thank you all for coming in. When things go South with the club we bring in our family to protect them. If you're here, you're family. That being said, if you have any concerns of safety, find me or your club attachment. Any comfort concerns, find my mother," Jax said.

"Or Nick, Happy's old lady," Gemma added. I glared at her a little bit she smirked back, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Stay inside and stay safe everyone. We're gonna handle this and get ya outta here as soon as we can," Jax said.

"Little girl, I'm getting ready to head out," Happy said. I nodded and looked up at him.

"Come home to us, okay?"

He nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said.

"Gotta come home now. You look too good with a baby on your hip to not give you one of your own," he said. I smiled as a blush graced my cheeks. Happy walked away and Gemma was instantly pulling me to the kitchen to help with dinner.

"What was all that with Hap?"

"Just told me I look too good with a baby for him to not come home and give me one of my own," I said.

I bounced Abel a little as I helped Gemma one handed.

"You can put him in a bouncer or the bassinet in Jax's dorm or something," she said.

I shook my head. "I'd rather hold him."

After about ten minutes, someone clearing their throat softly in the doorway interrupted our conversation.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Corri asked.

I smiled gently at her, but Gemma beat me to a response. "Yeah, Nick is being stubborn and won't put her nephew down so I could use some help with dinner."

"Corri this is Gemma. Gemma, this is Corri, Juice's new girlfriend," I said as I stepped out of Corri's way so she could help Gemma.

"Did he at least show you to his dorm and get you settled in?" Gemma asked. Corri shook her head slightly. The movement was so minimal I almost missed it.

"I'll take her back in a little bit," I said.

"I'll do it. You need to do rounds," Gemma said.

I nodded and headed out to the bar to check in everyone.

"Hey Nick," Lyla said as I walked around.

"Lyla," I said, hugging her gently.

"He's a good look for ya," she said, earning a soft laugh from me.

"I'd love one of my own, but," I said.

"I get it," she said, watching over her and Opie's children. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Not right now. You guys need anything?"

She shook her head. "Not unless the kids can go outside."

"Not today," I said. "But there's a projector. You can set up a movie."

"That'd be great," she said, going to talk to some of the other moms and kids in the room.

I returned to the kitchen and Gemma and Corri were taking a break.

"So, can I go to the garage for a bit and get a couple of those oil changes done?"

"Not today," Gemma said. "No one is to be outside this building today."

"Have we heard anything else since this morning?" I asked. Gemma just shook her head and I nodded.

"Why don't you give me my grandson and go show Corri to Juice's room?"

I nodded and handed the baby over before leading Corri down the hall.