Friends and Foes in the Shadows

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall
Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Eraser smirked as he put the phone back in his pocket. Even with guidance from a man known as the literal devil, the vigilante was still young and had a lot to learn. He thought back to the previous vigilantes he worked with.

While he was thinking back to his days in Naruhata, Aizawa didn't notice the pair of footsteps walking up behind him.

"Talking to your kid while on duty Eraser?"

Not showing that she had caught him off guard, Aizawa turned around to face the person who approached him, "Captain Watanabe. I didn't take you for the joking type."

Yuri simply shrugged and said, "Usually not, but I can have my fun. So about your kid."

Eraserhead sighed in annoyance. "He's not my kid Captain. I hardly know anything about him."

"But you do know that the law requires you to arrest him, not exchange phone numbers."

This shocked Aizawa as he looked around to make sure none of the officers heard them. None did as they were too busy gathering any evidence that they could from the secret lab. There wasn't much to gather as the lab had been stripped bare

"How did you know?" he questioned the police captain.

Yuri simply replied, "I just received a report that a local ATM bank caught fire and that the four men that were trying to rob it were found across the street, unconscious and tied up in webbing. Also, eyewitnesses said that you were there along with our friendly neighbourhood vigilante during Sandman's last attack."

'Shit' That one word echoed through Aizawa as he desperately tried to think of an excuse.

"Before could he say anything, Yuri raised her hand to his face and said, "It's alright Eraser. I'm on your side."

This confused Aizawa as he looked at the police captain in disbelief. The police captain was in support of vigilantism, which would be considered by many as a villain act.

Seeing the pro heroes' confusion, Yuri elaborated, "Two weeks ago, me and some other police officers were in a shoot out with who we assume to be Fisk's men, but we didn't have any evidence to prove the connection. Anyway, I'm going off-topic. Spider-man showed up during the shoot out and he started attacking the enemy gunners. My men ignored my orders to not shoot at the kid. The kid left with at least four gunshot wounds. I tried offering him medical treatment but all he said was that someone by the name of 'Night Nurse' was going to be mad at him."

"So they have their own Recovery Girl?"  Aizawa questioned.

"Most likely. It would explain how neither Spidey nor Daredevil are dead yet. It makes sense for them to have a medic. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. After the incident, I went to the police station to check some things. Turns out that crime rates dropped expeditiously since Daredevil and have been since Spider-man showed up. What I'm saying is that it's better for everyone if we treat vigilantes as allies, not enemies."

"Makes sense," Aizawa nodded, "Since they work outside the law they can reach criminals pros couldn't. How much power would Fisk have now if not for Daredevil?"

"Too much," Yuri stated. The two returned to their duties. Meanwhile, in the suburban area of the city, an unmasked teenager was close to having a heart attack.

"What are you doing in my room, Flash?" Peter questioned as he dug in his closet for a clean set of clothes. "And why did you destroy my Lego Avengers Mansion. Do you realise how long it took me to build that?"