Girl Problems

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Himiko Toga was an anomaly. That's the best way that Peter could describe her. Words like a vampire, psycho, yandere, bloody and angel all fell into mind when thinking about her. But at the end of the day, she was an anomaly and maybe not all there mentally. Sometimes on their meet-ups, she would try stabbing him. Of course, this wasn't a problem, he could easily dodge her until she got it out of her system.

What was an issue, was when she felt like killing literally anybody else. Whenever he asked about her kill count, she would explain that she hasn't killed anybody that was innocent. Unfortunately, Spidey wasn't sure what 'innocent' meant in that head of hers, but against his better judgment, he trusted her. 

On a few rare occasions, she acted like a normal life. Keyword, 'acted'. Her life, much like his, was anything but normal.

"He rarely lets me do anything that I want. It's always 'Do this mission' or 'Turn into them to spy on this person, I'm sick of it!"

The two of them were currently sitting on the edge of a skyscraper. Himiko was wearing her black and pink assassin outfit and was resting her head on Spider-man's shoulder. Spidey himself wasn't sure what to do in this situation.

On one hand, an extremely cute girl was resting her head on his shoulder and was borderline cuddling with him. 

On the second hand, she was a psycho killer who enjoyed licking her fingers after a kill. 

However, on the third hand, she was just a kid. She was barely even a year older than him. Stuff like this didn't just didn't happen out of the blue. She wasn't some random crook who believed they could beat trained professionals with their quirk alone. She was hurting, and it was his responsibility to learn why.

"Then why don't you leave him?" Spider-man asked.

She huffed in what appeared to be annoyance. "If only it was that easy," she whispered.

She had just told him about her 'employer'. To Spider-man, he sounded more like an abusive parent, (Not that Toga viewed him like one), it was the best way he could describe him. 

According to Toga, he had found her starving on the streets shortly after she ran away from her home. Why she ran away in the first place, she wouldn't say. Anyway, after passing many gruelling training regimes and tests, he took her in as his personal assassin. He gave her a list of who to kill, who to keep alive, and where and when to do the deed and leave the body.

She wanted nothing more than to be free, do what she wanted and when she wanted to. Unfortunately, as long as she was under his thumb, she never would be.

The night was quiet, and Spidey wasn't picking up any criminals in the immediate area, so he stayed with her. It was one of those rare moments that Peter was grateful for Past Peter's actions. Thanks to his suit covering his entire body he didn't have to worry about the massive blush on his face being noticed by the girl that was hugging his arm as the two of them watched the city's night skyline.

As much as he secretly would like to stay like this for the rest of the night, he had work to do. All he had to do was break the news to her. 

"Hey, Himiko," he whispered to her ear.

"Mmmm?" was her response when she looked up at him. 

"I have to go. I need to track down a lead tonight. It's very important."

Himiko looked away and thought it over. After a few seconds, she replied softly, "Ok, I understand."

"Are you sure?"