Awkward Tensions

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

The tension was killing Peter. Normally it wouldn't be so bad as he would have Matt to keep him company, but he was back in his apartment recovering from last night. Claire said that Matt would have to go three weeks without crime fighting. But everyone knew that it would take a miracle for Daredevil not to make an appearance for more than a week.

So while Matt was home, listening to podcasts or something, Peter was stuck in an incredibly awkward situation. In fact, the whole day was incredibly awkward for him. He and Laura never discussed the kiss since it happened the night before, so there was a sort of tension between them during school. A tension everyone seemed to have picked up.

It was no secret that the 'new girl' was calmest when near the quirkless nerd. This created a shit ton of rumours. Luckily, they were never questioned due to all the glares from Laura. This new tension between them only increased the intensity of the rumours.

But that didn't compare to what was happening now. Peter was at Fogwell's gym, with both Laura and Himiko. The two killer girls who managed to somehow steal his heart. He was hanging upside down from the ceiling with his web. It was a good idea to put some distance between them and it helped him think.

Himiko was sitting on a bench, a large smile plastered on her face. Laura was the opposite. She was standing, leaning against a corner of the boxing ring. Her arms were folded and she was trying to make it seem like she was especially interested in the wooden floor, but anyone could see that she wasn't taking her eyes off Himiko.

God, this is like every anime guy's nightmare. You all know what I'm talking about, right?

"Sooo..." Peter began, trying to fill the awkward silence with some kind of a conversation, "I heard you two have met before."

"I found her sucking the blood of some guys in an alley while having a panic attack. She would be dead if that stupid cat didn't intervene."

Chibi Spidey: Laura almost destroyed the harem before it even started. Damn, thanks Kraven.

Chibi Peter: I worry for us sometimes.

Devil Spidey: You're not the only one.

The mention of the Russian Lion seemed to have caught Toga's interest. She perked up and asked, "Ohh, what happened to him? Fighting him was fun."

"He blew up last night. Some kind of remotely activated self-destruct quirk." Laura stated bluntly.

"Don't remind me!" Peter shouted, throwing his head backwards.

"Come on, Petey! I thought you were used to seeing dead bodies in your line of work." Toga teased him. She found the way he squirmed at the mention of an enemy's death rather cute.

Peter turned towards her with a glare that wasn't nearly as intimidating as he would've liked. "I'm not used to seeing corpses because my 'line of work' involves me preventing people from becoming corpses."

'And the cute get cuter.' Himiko thought giggly to herself, a sweet shit-eating grin on her face that showed off her feline teeth.

Once again, silence fell across the room, the tension being even thicker than before. Peter was silently begging the universe to give him some kind of distraction. Anything to get rid of the silent tension. Be it Logan coming in with another lead or Bullseye bursting through the wall. If it stopped the awkwardness then he would welcome it with open arms.

Que Peter's ringtone filling the silent gym with a very memable song.

Thank the Author.

Peter quickly pulled the phone out of his pocket and answered it without checking the caller's I.D.