Responsibility

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall
Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was setting on the streets of Japan. Normally the streets would be nearly empty. Even though this was the case, the reason was quite different than normal.

A large crowd has gathered and were all looking at a young boy, no older than 14, as he was crouching next to and holding onto the hand of an old man, somewhere in his 50's.

The man was lying on the concrete path, barely awake. There was an ever-growing red stain on his white shirt. A stain of blood from a bullet wound.

"Please Uncle Ben, stay with me. You can't go! May needs you, I-I need you."

Ben places his hand on his nephews', "Peter..."

His voice was weak.

"This is it, Peter. You and May must live on without me."

Tears were streaming down Peter's cheeks as he shook his head in disagreement.

"Remember Peter. With great power, also comes great responsibility."

With that, Ben Parker closes his eyes, for the last time.

Nothing. Peter heard nothing. No heartbeat. He couldn't feel a pulse either. This was it. Peter couldn't believe it. His Uncle Ben was dead.

Even though Peter couldn't hear his Uncle's heartbeat, his newly enhanced senses picked up something else

"We've located the shooter. He's driving the victim's car. He is heading towards the construction site at 24th street."

Peter Parker ran into an empty alley. He unzipped his blue jacket to reveal a red shirt with a large black spider on the centre that was drawn with a marker.

As he ran, Peter pulled a red ski mask from his pocket and put it on. He then put a pair of black goggles over it. He then pulled up the hood of his jacket.

He fired a string of web at a nearby building and pulled himself into the air. He put on a pair of back and red gloves before firing another line and swung into the city.

Spider-man was out for revenge.

It wasn't hard to track down the crook, especially since he was being chased by 5 to 10 police cars.

Peter probably would've enjoyed the swinging if his mind wasn't blinded by his anger and rage.

He landed on the hood of the car and smashed the front window with his fist. The glass shattered everywhere, forcing the driver to cover his face. He turned the car, crashing it through a gate and driving right into the construction site.

The crash knocked Spider-man of the car and sent him into a pile of sand.

With no other place to run, the crook ran into the semi-complete building. Unfortunately for him, Spider-man saw him running.

Spider-man fired a web and swung himself to one of the higher floors.

The killer walked cautiously, he could hear the police siren whaling outside, and an officer on the megaphone. But he was unaware that his greater that, was right on top of him.

'Thwip'

That was all he heard before a sudden force pulled him into the air. Said force then proceeded to kick him back to the ground, causing him to land right next to the window.

Spider-man gracefully lands on the ground. A cold aura was emitted from him.

"You thought you could just get away! You thought you could just get away from ending the life of an innocent man!" Spider-man screamed.

His voice was filled with sadness and rage. This man took his father figure from him. Ben Parker was a good man and he was going to make this murderer pay.

Fear was evident in the killer's eyes. His skin was pale and his hands were trembling. And because of those trembling hands, and was unable to aim his gun properly.

He fired the last of his bullets at the masked vigilante, but Spider-man effortlessly dodged them.

Before the killer could blink, Spider-man has grabbed him and shoved him through the window, shattering the glass but not letting him go.

This got the attention of the police. They shone a light in the direction of the window and saw a hooded holding the man they were after over the ground and at his mercy.

Spider-man could now clearly see the man's face and all his rage was replaced with realisation and shame.

'I could've stopped this.' Peter thought as his mind went back to after the wrestling match. 'If I wasn't so selfish I could've stopped him and non of this would've happened and Uncle Ben would... would...'

"I should drop you." Spider said, "I should drop you and take the same thing you took from Ben Parker."

Spider-man saw the fear in the man's eyes before he let him go. The man fell towards the ground. He closed his eyes shut and waited for his death as he screamed towards the ground.

It never came.

Opening his eyes the man realised he was no longer falling but rather dangling in a cacoon.

Spider-man stood at the edge of the window and said, "But he wouldn't approve. Like he always said, 'With great power, come great responsibility."

------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a week since Uncle Ben died. The news of his death spread quicker than I expected. A large crowd of people came to his funeral. Pretty much everyone that Ben helped.

May has been taking his death the hardest. She tries to stay strong for me, but really, I think I'm the one who should be strong for her. Which I'm managing.

Now that Ben is gone, money is gonna become a problem. We were barely coming by before, but now we will start to slip into debt.

I keep telling May that I can just get a job but she insists on having me make the most of my time as a kid. She's planning on getting a second job.

Talk on the 'Spider-vigilante' that captured Uncle Ben's killer has started to die down, with no new appearances to talk about.

Most are assuming that he figured that he wasn't cut out for the vigilante life when he just needs to visit a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter is sitting in front of a desk in a rather poor office. He says to the man in front of him in a serious yet cheerful tone, "Seeing as I now have a rather good grip on my heightened senses, I think it is time for Spider-man to make his official debut."

"You sure, Pete? Being a vigilante isn't exactly a walk in the park."

Peter just lets out a laugh. "Matt, please. I'm friends with the devil."

Matt Murdock smiles at Peter and says "Alright, get your suit. We start in an hour."