Welcome to the Party

Spider-Man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Fisk stared through his office window at Tokyo's night skyline. It had always been one of his favourite views and he was grateful that he could enjoy it while he worked. However, this time his attention wasn't on the the brightly lit skyscrapers.

He looked past the neon lights and the traffic below. He ignored the snow gently drifting from above for children to play with in the morning. Instead, he focused on the darkness hiding below the light. The corners in alleys that no one paid attention to. The dust and dirt that were hidden beneath the fancy lights and expensive billboards.

He used to own the darkness. He built his empire from the scraps society wished to ignore. After all, with All Might around, why should anyone worry about something as simple as a few junkies or some misplaced funds?

But, over the past few years, Fisk learned that he wasn't the only one using the dark to his advantage. Of course, there was the child with the power of a false god and the tactical mind of Napoleon, hiding and waiting for it to be his turn to play. But he was far from Fisk's main concern at the moment.

Vigilantes. That word had been haunting him since the first time he felt handcuffs on his wrists. One man dressed in all black cloth had done what no professional hero had ever achieved. He damaged what Fisk had built.

The Kingpin came back of course, only for the Devil to hunt him down once more. Over and over they went, an endless dance meant to knock the other down. Sometimes Fisk felt like victory was around the corner. Other times it felt like this struggle would never end.

But never before did he feel so... cornered. Ever since that child, Spider-Man appeared, things went from manageable to terrible.

He'd lost entire facilities overnight. He wasted millions of yen on funding Osborn's idiotic experiments. One of his top assassins had even been converted to the side of foolish heroics. He'd seen the reports about the new vigilante and he knew it was her.

Each time he experienced a setback, it became harder for him to return. Even in a society filled with sheep, the flock will remember a wolf if its face is shown enough times.

Tonight was his chance to salvage everything before it fell apart. He doubled security and had some of the heroes in his pocket patrol a bit closer to home. No vigilante would ruin this for him. Those bugs would not get in.

///

Peter was mentally laughing in three different voices that sounded the same as he wandered the grand hall near the top of Fisk Tower, taking pictures with the camera hanging off his neck. He was surrounded by winter wonderland decorations and assholes who could pay off at least a year's worth of rent for him with their grocery money.

He ignored the stares those snobs gave him as he took pictures of anything and everything that he could. He was dressed in the best cheap tux that he could find in his closet, but the people around probably only saw a kid dressed in rags who didn't belong here which was fine. After all, they couldn't see the chaos and power hidden underneath.

Peter, meanwhile, could see everything!

Ok, maybe not everything but he could track the location of both Hammerhead and Tombstone without even glancing in their general direction. And they didn't even realise that Spider-Man was in the same room as them. Oh, he was enjoying this too much and they weren't even at the good part yet.

Peter's train of thought was interrupted by the old-school ring of the burner phone in his pocket. He lowered the camera and pulled it out, flipping the device open and putting it against his ear.