Old Friends

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning! Major Spoilers for My Hero Academia: Vigilantes. Please read the manga before reading future chapters!

"There is a sickness in this city, this country." A deep and rough voice spoke to the Naruhata night sky, "It's called Trigger, or Ideo Trigger. We thought it had been eliminated along with the Villain Factory during the Naruhata Lockdown. We were wrong. While the base drug itself may never truly be taken off the streets, we were wrong to think we were safe from the more dangerous variations. In comes, Trigger 2.0, manufactured and sold by a completely different party. It is led by a man called Alonzo "Lonnie" Thompson Lincoln, better known as Tombstone to the rest of the filth in the Underworld. Despite being another pawn in this bloody chess game, this drug lord is almost as dangerous as his boss, The Kingpin. Any Pro Hero that tried to stop him and his bottled plague, returned home broken and ruined. This time will be different, cause he isn't dealing with some glorified no named rookies. No. He is dealing with the unstoppable duo, Spider-Cop, and the DevilDetective!"

"Oh my fucking god! Kid! Please, stop!" Yuri begged through the phone. Spidey simply started to giggle while his mentor shook his head in shame.

"What?" Spider-man asked innocently between laughs, "You asked for a status report."

He couldn't see it, but Spidey knew that the Police Captain was pinching her nose in frustration as she explained, "Yes, I asked for a status report. Not the opening to some made noir film."

Spidey put himself in a sitting position as he free-fell and rubbed his chin in thought with one hand while the other kept the burner phone to his ear, "I suppose there is a slight difference."

"No, there is a BIG difference."

"Give me the phone," Daredevil said, raising one of his hands towards Spidey. 

Spider-man rolled his eyes and tossed the phone to Daredevil without looking. Daredevil didn't seem to react to the phone landing in his grasp. He placed the microphone to his mouth and explained, "We're almost at Tombstone's main factory. We'll stake out the area and call you back in an hour to report anything new that we might learn. We'll avoid direct confrontation unless necessary. 

Yuri sighed in relief, thanked Daredevil in her usual professional tone, and wished the two of them luck before hanging up. Daredevil tossed the phone back to Spidey who placed the burner in a hidden pocket in his suit. 

Spidey didn't patrol Naruhata all that much, it belonged to Daredevil. The area used to be protected by the Vigilantes of Naruhata. However, those guys were forced into retirement after bringing down the villain known only as No. 6. Peter still had glasses so big that they put Harry Potter's to shame back then, so he didn't get a chance to meet them while Matt got to team up with them on several occasions. So it wasn't really surprising that DD wanted to personally protect this place, in the name of his former allies.

"So how much further until we reach the source?" Spidey asked his partner.

Daredevil scrunched his nose in a way that told Peter that something was wrong. "We're close, I can smell the drug from here. But something is wrong. It's too strong, and I can also smell blood. People are yelling... someone beat us to it."

Spider-man sighed as he began to pick up speed. If someone was already there, then they could ruin everything for the dynamic duo. If it was a pro, then they could lose access to any evidence against Fisk. If it was some Joe Shmo trying to mimic the infamous vigilantes, then someone could die. If it was a rival gang, then that would just be carnage.