Comfort Only You Can Give

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter sat on his bed and blankly stared at the photo of him, Ben and May from their fishing trip. Next to him was the black suit he wore to beat up Flash's abusive father. He didn't regret his decision. Not really.

He knew it was wrong, and a part of him still felt guilty, but deep down, he knew that he would do it again if given a chance, even if Ben was disappointed by his actions that night all those weeks ago.

Peter sighed and pinched his nose. He didn't know what to do. Fisk was still at large, there was the guy behind the mutant trafficking and outside of interrogating Herman, they made zero progress in the Trigger V.2 Case.

Peter groaned and flopped down onto his back. At least they had Himiko, for lack of a better word, contained. All he could do was hope that she would accept their offer. He knew there was more to her than just a shape-shifting yandere. He knew that there was. He just had to convince her to show him.

Knock. Knock.

The sound took Peter by surprise, and he almost dropped the framed picture. At first, he assumed that May had come back early from work, but soon realised the sound wasn't coming from his bedroom door, but rather his window.

He turned around and saw that it was none other than Laura. She was seated on the roof under his window. She wearing a black leather jacket and dark jeans. She wore a frown on her face that read, 'open this window before I break it'. So Peter opened it.

Yes, I can read her different glares. That's what happens when you go to school with her.

"Laura, hey. What are you doing here? Not that I'm happy to see you, it's just that I didn't you would want to come to visit. Wait, how do you even know where I live? I don-"

Peter stopped talking the moment Laura gave him the 'shut up before I stab you' glare. Laura crawled through the window and gracefully landed on the floor. She turned to Peter and said, "I'm a trained assassin. Tracking people down is my speciality. And our 'connection' helps."

Peter nodded, seemingly understanding what Laura was saying. He was still trying to figure out the meaning behind his unique connection between Laura and Himiko.

The two of them sat down on Peter's bed. Laura still wasn't used to soft mattresses. The beds she slept on at the facility were no different from the concrete floor. She always felt like she would sink through the material.

"Yeah, that makes sense... wait... You're an assassin?! You never mentioned that before."

Laura simply shrugged and said, in a spiteful tone, "Why else do you think someone would want to clone Wolverine? Certainly not to raise it in a nice home, showering it with lots of love and care."

This stunned Peter for a moment. He knew Laura didn't have the best childhood. The fact was written all over her. But he never had any way to know just how bad it was. Even now, knowing she was basically used as a child soldier since birth, he still had no idea just how bad it must have been for her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

Laura had been looking around the room when he said it. When she heard it, she froze. She has been asked this question many times since escaping. She always refused unless she was forced to talk about it, like the time Captain America arrested her. For some reason, when Peter asked it, it felt different from the other times that people had asked her.

There was something different in Peter's voice. An understanding and compassion she rarely ever heard in the voices of others. It made her heart beat and butterflies flutter in her stomach. The sensation was foreign to her, but it was welcomed with little hesitation.