We're Ready

Spider-Man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

"'Spider-Menace Humiliates Professional Heroes. Has the standard in Heroes Fallen?' Ha! Of course, it has. Why else would this  story be on the front page?" Jonah laughed, as he threw a copy of the latest edition of the Daily Bugle's paper onto his desk. On the front page, along with the headline he read, was a picture of Spider-Man battling the Four Forces.

Although calling it a battle would be an insult to the masked vigilante.

"Maybe because you have an unhealthy obsession with a certain masked vigilante?" Peter awkwardly suggested with a nervous but cheeky smile on his face.

Jameson stared at the freelance photographer for a solid minute. Peter anxiously wondered if he got himself blacklisted from his most stable source of income with that one comment.

Those worries were mostly relieved when Jonah burst out laughing again. He even went as far as to slam his hand against his desk.

"This is what I like about you, Parker," Jameson said, pointing to Peter once he composed himself, "You aren't afraid to share what you believe. Something that isn't valued much these days."

Peter certainly wasn't expecting that but he wasn't about to complain, "Thank you, sir."

Jonah's mood then did a 180 as he, with a wave of his arm, exclaimed, "Never say something like that again!"

Peter bowed slightly, "Of course, sir."

He seriously needed to learn how to keep his mouth shut. He would hate to lose the job that paid him to take selfies of himself.

Suddenly, the door to the office behind Peter opened. An elderly man with dark skin walked past Peter with a hurried haste, "We have a situation, Jonah. Good afternoon, Peter."

"Hey, Robbie." Peter greeted the man with a smile. Peter liked Robbie. He was probably one of the nicest guys Peter had ever met and a proud vigilante sympathizer. Although he had to stay quiet for 'legal' reasons that no one in the Bugle would share with him. At least he held back Jameson's tirades against Spider-Man. Somewhat at least.

"What do you want Robbie?" Jonah asked as he folded the paper, "Can't you see that I'm busy?"

Robertson raised an eyebrow, "Doing what exactly?"

Jonah blinked as his old mind tried to recall what he was doing before he had been handed the latest edition of the Newspaper, "Uhhhh..."

It took all of Peter's willpower not to laugh, "I believe you were in the process of buying my photos, sir."

Jonah's eyes slowly trained on his computer screen, which was currently displaying a picture of Spider-Man's and Daredevil's silhouettes hidden in darkness as they jumped a rampaging villain.

He coughed for a moment, trying to regain his composure and save his appearance, "Right, of course. How does ¥9,000 sound for the lot?

Insert Chibis with Yen signs for eyes

"That would be great, Mr Jameson," Peter said.

"You're seriously not going to try and haggle me for your money's worth? Tch. You still have a lot to learn kid." Jonah stated before turning to Robbie and asking, "What's the situation?"

"It's Brock. He won't be able to attend Fisk's Christmas Charity Ball."

"WHAT?!"

"Why? What happened?" Peter asked quickly, immediately worried for his friend.