Bloody Hearts

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

When people thought about heroes, their minds immediately went to people with cool quirks and flashy costumes fighting villains in the streets. Even though villain attacks constantly threatened the civilians, they never feared. In fact, they viewed villains more like free entertainment or a minor inconvenience more than anything. They always believed that heroes would show up, beat the villain, and they would move on with their lives. That's what always happened. 

But villains weren't the only threat to society. And what happens when heroes that were trained to fight villains face one of these threats? A lot of arguing.

"There are still civilians inside the building!" A firefight screamed, pointing at a burning apartment. 

"What do you expect us to do!?" shouted a nearby hero. "None of us have quirks for this kind of situation!"

The fire had been started by a villain called Molten Man, who was essentially a giant magma monster. He was defeated by the heroes by being overwhelmed while one with lava manipulation cooled his body to the point it was entirely made of stone. While the villains had been defeated, multiple fires were spreading on the streets, and all of the heroes were convinced that there was nothing that they could do except for one.

Spider-man coughed, as he ran through the burning building, fire licking his newly repaired suit.

"Melvin is gonna kill me!" Spider-man whined. 

Soft groans were his only, as the two kids, he was carrying on his back struggled to stay awake. They were young. Too young. Spidey didn't know where their parents were.  

Spidey Sense.

Spider-man hit the brakes, stopping right as a giant pile of burning rubble fell in front of him. 

"It's too big for us to jump over safely. And the hallway is too tight to run around."

Peter turned towards a door that lead to one of the apartments in the building on his right. He kicked it open with little effort and ran inside. He immediately turned left and ran to the end of the apartment. The building was incredibly unstable, but it was the only way. Spider-man-fired webbing fired webs everywhere, covering the walls of what seemed to once be a kitchen.

He only left one area uncovered. He took a few steps back, fixed his hold on the kids that he was carrying and said, "Brace yourselves."

He then charged towards the wall at top speed, using his own body as a battering ram. The wall shattered, opening up to another apartment. 

After checking that the kids were okay, Spider-man got back to running through the hall. He soon reached the window that lead to the outside. He jumped through the open window with little hesitation. Spider-man fired a web line at a nearby building that wasn't burning. 

Spider-man landed softly landed near where the ambulances were parked. A group of paramedics rushed over to him with stretchers ready. They took the kids off him, awkwardly thanking him for his help. Many were unsure how to react. Spider-man was meant to be a menace. A reckless teenager showing off his quirk. Yet here he was, doing everything he can to help. Those who were keeping count counted fifteen saved by him. That was fifteen more than the pro heroes at the scene.

Spider-man rushed towards the firefighter that was in charge and asked, "Is there anybody else in there, chief?"

"We believe that's most of the civilians out, but there are still people trapped on the top floors that my people can't reach and the building is becoming increasingly unstable. We've been forced to retreat and focus on keeping the fire under control until help arrives."