Power and Blood

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall

Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------
Curt taped the last box shut. While Fisk's men had cleaned all of his equipment, they had the decency to leave his family's personal belongings.

He sighed in despair, how could he have let this happen? He left Oscorp because he didn't want some greedy businessmen interfering with his work. So what did he do instead? He made a deal with a criminal empire. Sure, Fisk Industries seemed squeaky clean on the surface, but all it took was one quick Google search for someone to see just how filth was hidden behind those concrete walls.

The lights flickered, flashing on and off for a few seconds for seemingly no reason before going back to normal. Curt sighed again and thought to himself, 'I guess that they're working on shutting the power off.'

Curt felt even more ashamed when he thought of the lawyers that had helped him after the 'Lizard incident'. They had nothing to gain from helping him, yet they did anyway and cleared him from any and all charges.

Matt Murdock and Franklin 'Foggy' Nelson were best known for their constant court battles against Fisk, and they helped had unknowingly helped one of his employees.

And Peter... the guilt that stabbed his heart when he thought of the kid was too much. He looked up to him as a scientist, and the look in his eyes when he learnt the truth, was too much. He could feel his knees shake. The kid was so eager to help him. He didn't deserve it.

Before Curt could fall even deeper into his self-pity, the lights around him started buzzing again. Only instead of darkening like he expected them to, the lights began to shine brighter.

"What the fu-?"

All the light bulbs in the ceiling shattered at once, plunging the room into near-complete darkness. The only sources of light that remained were the stars in the night sky and one surviving bulb in the middle of the room.

The only thing was, that it wasn't a lightbulb. Upon closer inspection, Curt could tell that it was in reality a man. He was wearing an odd green jumpsuit. His head was covered by a mix of blue and yellow currant.

"C-c-coooonnnnoorrrssss..." The figure spoke lazily, his voice being dragged out. He sounded like radio static sounding through an old microphone. If Curt was being honest, it kinda freaked him out. He was never a fan of horror, and this had jumpscare written all over it.

"W-w-who are you?" Curt shouted, trying to keep a straight face.

The figure began to float downwards, and unsteady groan. Curt slowly backed away, being sure to keep as far as possible from the man's quirk. When the man was floating just above the floor, all the electricity around him seemed to disperse, dropping him and revealing a familiar face.

"Max!" Curt exclaimed as he rushed towards his friend and former employee.

"What happened to you, Max?" Curt questioned. He tried to place his only hand on Max's shoulder to comfort him, only to back away when he got shocked by contact.

"Y-y-y-you can't t-t-t-touch me. T-t-t-they overcharged my quirk. You have to fix me." Max explained.

"I promise Max, I'll do everything in my power to fix this, but I've never seen anything like this. This will take a long time."

"N-n-noooooo. They used your stupid eels. YOU have to fix this now!" Max demanded, his voice becoming more and more radio-like. 

"Max, I understand if you are scared, but I need you to listen to me. This is a very delicate situation, and I've lost most of my equipment. We need to be patient."