Recovery

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall
Text/Writing
------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter hissed as Claire dabbed alcohol on his wounds with a piece of cloth. Daredevil had come to pick him up and carried him all the way to Claire's apartment. He spent the entire journey scolding Peter about not running away while he had the chance. 

"Still can't believe you saved Norman Osborn, fought Fisk's newest weapons dealer and the number 3 hero all in one night. You're an even bigger dumbass than Matt." Claire stated as she put away the wet cloth and grabbed some bandages which she began wrapping around one of the major wounds on Peter's arm.

Peter sat on Claire's couch as she treated his injuries. he was covered in bruises and dried up blood. Most of his smaller injuries had already healed, and Claire was treating his larger ones. His hair was greasy from all of the sweat that he had built up. 

He had already called Aizawa and informed him of what happened. The eraser hero wasn't very pleased when he heard that Peter decided to, instead of running away the moment Hawks showed up, to instead jump in front of a grenade. Although the fact that he could eat the rest of Peter's meal seemed to please him.

From the corner, dressed in full Daredevil gear minus the helmet, Matt called out, "Hey! I'm not the one who jumped in front of a grenade and is now sitting shirtless on a couch that is covered in plastic."

Claire finished applying the bandage and cut it from the rest, saying, "No, but you would fight All Might if you had the chance."

From his spot, Peter replied, "It's also really weird that you put that much detail in your rebuttal. Almost as if an author couldn't think of a better way of describing a scene without ruining the flow of the scene."

"Peter."

"Yes, Claire?"

"Can you not make question my reality for one week. I really don't need that on top of having to worry about two idiots in red costumes dying on my couch." 

"Sorry."

The three of them sat (stood for Matt) in silence as Claire finished adding the final touches to Peter's injuries. 

"And I think I'm done. Your injuries should be fully healed by tomorrow morning as long as you don't put any more stress on your body. Your civilian clothes are you know where. Go get changed while I order you a taxi."

Matt then spoke from his spot, "Also give me your suit. I can get Melvin to fix it for you."

Peter nodded as he got up and walked towards a supposedly random corner of the apartment. He lifted one of the wooden floorboards, a loud creak. From underneath the board, Peter pulled out a box with a 'P' on it. 

Peter took the box in his hands and walked towards the bathroom. As he got dressed and Claire cleaned up her medical supplies, she called to him. "May talked about you at work today."

From the bathroom, Peter asked, "What did she say."

Matt cocked his head showing that he was paying attention. Claire paused for a moment to consider what she should say. After a few seconds, she continued, "She's worried. You've been returning home so late in the evening, always looking exhausted. You haven't been hanging out with your friends often outside of helping Flash to get ready for U.A. And with his father being arrested while also being found as a bloody mess is just opening a whole new can of worms."

In the bathroom, Peter tensed, something Matt picked up. Now wasn't the time to question Peter on the arrest of the pro hero Riot. 

Finished cleaning up her medic kit as she continued talking, "Then there's your job at the bugle."

"Technically I don't work there. It's just freelance."

"Still, taking pictures of a wanted vigilante like Spider-man for someone like J. Jonah Jameson isn't exactly the safest work environment." 

Peter exited the bathroom, fully clothed in his civilian outfit while carrying a folded Spider-man outfit in his arms. "She's worried for my safety. That's what's going on."

Claire simply hummed in confirmation as she put the medkit back on the shelf as Peter handed his suit to Matt.

"I understand if she's worried, but what am I supposed to do? Tell her that I'm Spider-man. Telling her that her last family member goes out every day in glorified pyjamas to fight crime at the risk of death and arrest. That's a heart attack in a sentence for her." Peter exclaimed, his frustration beginning to show.

"Why don't you volunteer at that homeless shelter she works at? F.E.A.S.T.?"

Before either Peter or Matt could say anything, Claire spoke up, "Your aunt works as a nurse and in a homeless shelter. Damn woman."

Peter chuckled, "Yeah, she's pretty great."

Matt smiled at the fondness Peter spoke about his aunt with. He then continued, "By volunteering there, you'll be able to help people while also stopping your aunt from worrying."

Peter thought about it for a bit, before nodding.  "Yeah, yeah that could work."

Claire smiled as she looked at the two. In the beginning, she was uncomfortable with Peter following in Matt's footsteps. Now she understood that Peter was making his own path, even if it was in a similar direction as Matt.

Meanwhile, in an unknown location.

Adrian Toomes grumbled under his breath. He ruffled the grey feathers he had growing in small patches. He scratched his black beak in frustration as he watched his men inspect the damage done to his wingsuit. 

It was supposed a simple strike and retreat. Either get Osborn to publicly apologise or kill him. But because of Spider-man, he ended up having to fight the No. 3 pro hero. This led to his suit being heavily damaged and he didn't even gain anything from the whole ordeal.

"Hey boss, can we talk?"

Adrian turned around to face his second in command, Herman Shultz, who was in full Shocker gear.

Adrian answered in a calm tone, "Of course Herman. What do you need?"

"It's about your grudge on Osborn. I understand it's the whole reason you started this operation, and without you, everybody here and their families would be on the streets. But you've almost gotten our whole cover blown because of that stunt you pulled. How do you know Osborn won't expose us because of that stunt?"

Adrian took a moment to think before answering, "I know Osborn. He cares more about his reputation than anything else. If tries to take me down, I'll be able to expose him for everything he has done. Even if doesn't fall, that ladder of his will have a lot fewer people supporting him."

Shocker didn't answer. He simply nodded in acknowledgement and left.

Adrian sighed as he turned and walked to the part of the warehouse that served as his office. He walked towards his desk, he looked around to make sure that nobody was looking and opened a drawer in his desk. He moved all the junk he had to the drawer to the back and then lifted the fake bottom.

From it, he pulled out a small plastic container filled with tablets. On it, the label read, Trigger 2.0.