Bigger Birds To Fry

Spider-man Narrating/Breaking the 4th Wall
Text/Writing                                ------------------------------------------------------------------

Daredevil grunted as his back hit the ground. He took a moment to catch his breath before rolling out of the way of Vulture's talons which were embedded into the concrete of the street. Taking advantage of the mutated weapons dealer's predicament, Daredevil wrapped the cable of his billy clubs around his neck. Vulture let out squawks of pain, failing to catch a breath of air.

"Not so tough now, are you?" Daredevil asked, enjoying the pain his foe was going through at the moment.

Vulture only responded with more squawks, trying to and failing to get a grip of the cable squeezing his neck. Eventually, Vulture decided to do the only thing he could think of and spread his wings. With a single flap, the Vulture flew into the air. Daredevil realised what was about to happen and loosened the cable at the last second, letting the giant bird go.

Vulture flew up multiple stories before diving back down towards Daredevil, who got into a boxing stance, ready to punch his opponent into the concrete as a counterattack. Fortunately, for Daredevil at least, a line of webbing snagged Vulture's back. Spider-man used his superhuman strength to pull the bird. back.

"Hey, BirdBrain! Why don't you pick on someone who can actually fight you in the air?"

Spider-man gave the Vulture a roundhouse kick across the face that would've taken out a few teeth if he had any behind that beak. After falling a bit, Spider-man fired another web at Vulture and pulled him in for a punch. Spidey tried to go in with another hit, but Vulture knocked him away with his surprisingly tough wing.

Spider-man luckily managed to cling to the wall of an apartment building before hitting the floor. Vulture sent a sonic scream at Spider-man, with the vigilante running up the building as if it were the ground to avoid the concentrated sound attack. The attack caused all the nearby windows to shatter.

Once reaching the desired height, Spider-man did a summersault of the building and landed on Vulture's back.

"Going down?" he asked playfully as he began webbing Vulture in a cacoon, therefore restraining his wings. Vulture tried to let out another scream as the two of them fell to the ground, but Spider-man wrapped his beak shut right before the sonics escaped.

Spider-man jumped off Vulture right before their collision with the ground. The impact caused a small crater to form along with a small web pattern of cracks. It also tore most of Spidey's webbing that was holding him down.

Daredevil was running at the bird full speed. He threw one of his clubs at him, with it bouncing back to his owner and bending Vulture's beak a little on impact. Before Daredevil could do anything else, Vulture used his wings to give himself a speed boost and tackle the Demon of Tokyo.

Daredevil gritted his teeth as Vulture used his body to tear up the street. He knew for a fact that if it weren't for Melvin's armour, he would be dead by now. Vulture tightly gripped his pale, scrawny but surprisingly strong hands around Daredevil's neck. Eventually, their momentum lifted up a slab of concrete that stopped them dead in their tracks.

For a moment, they just stayed in that position, with Vulture towering over Daredevil, slowly choking the life out of the man without fear. Luckily, Spider-man appeared out of nowhere and wrapped his arm around the Vulture pulled him off his mentor before smashing him into the ground.

Vulture quickly got up and used his launched himself forward with a flap of his wings. Spider-man quickly flipped into the air and managed to land on his back.

"Going up?" Spidey asked as he made a web muzzle, put it in Vulture's mouth and pulled, forcing him to fly upwards.

"Yeah, I don't really care. We're going up anyway."

They eventually lost momentum and due to having a gag in his beak, Vulture didn't flap his wings to stay in the air. So, the two of them began to fall downwards back to the street. This allowed Vulture to knock Spider-man off his back and spit out the gag.

"Note to self. Keep any future bird villains on the ground."

Chibi Spidey, holding an oversized notebook and pen: Noted!

Vulture let out a sonic attack at the arachnid hero as the fell to the ground. Spider-man swung away from the waves of concentrated sound. He swung above the bird and threw a haymaker punch at him.

Meanwhile, Daredevil did some parkour in a nearby ally, allowing him to reach the top of a building. He fired a grappling hook into the air with it wrapping itself around Vulture's foot right as he caught his balance in the air. He pulled with all his strength and was able to drag the bird onto the roof. Vulture hit the flat stone with a crash. Spidey was pretty sure he heard bones cracking.

But the Demon of Tokyo wasn't done. He jumped on top of Vulture, (Don't get any ideas!) and began wailing on him. He didn't want to give him a chance to pick himself up. Spider-man landed on the edge of the building, his eyes widening at what he was witnessing.

He could see the blood that was beginning to stain Vulture's feathers.

"Hey, uhh, Double D? I think you've got him."

Daredevil didn't care. All he could think about was the night that he found Peter in that dumpster after his fight with Vulture and Hawks. All he could think about making sure it didn't happen.

Spidey meanwhile, didn't like the scene he was watching. He had seen his mentor give these kinds of beatings. It wasn't exactly news that Daredevil put a lot of his enemies in a coma after their fights. But this reminded him too much of THAT night. The night he confronted Flash's dad not too long ago. He still had nightmares about what happened. About what he did.

He quickly ran forward and pushed Daredevil off him. For most, getting close would be difficult enough. But Spider-man wasn't like most people. Thanks to his super strength and speed, Spider-man was able to overpower his mentor.

"Hey, hey. That's enough. Ok? He has had enough."

Daredevil let out huffs of anger, not bothering to reply. Spider-man then sensed that something was happening. He turned to look back towards Vulture, to see him starting to look more and more human.

His feathers were falling out, leaving behind human and very bloody skin. His beak shrunk until it was smaller than it had been before. His talons stretched out, turning into human feet once more.

Spider-man was transfixed by the transformation while Daredevil listened to the unnatural movements made by the man's muscle and inner body. Eventually, all that was left was a very bloody Adrien Thoomes wearing extremely tattered clothes.

'Did the drugs run out, or was it something else?'

"We should tie him up for the authorities," Spider-man said, breaking the silence between them.

Daredevil nods and says, "Yeah. We probably should."

And that is what they did, with Spider-man webbing him up to a lampost and writing a note that explained everything. They were about to leave when a ringing noise came from Spidey's phone.

He pulled it out and checked the caller's ID on the cracked screen, which read, Grumpy Cop.

"It's Yuri," he informed Daredevil as he answered the call.

"Hey, Yuri. What's up?" he asked.

"You gotta get out of there Spider-man!" Yuri whisper shouted through the speaker.

This statement confused Spider-man. That didn't sound like something Yuri would say. At least not in that manner.

"That's what we were just about to do. Why do you sound so panicked? Is everything alright?"

"I just got word that Ingenium and his team have been sent to apprehend the three of you."

"...Shit."