Natasha Romanoff | Nightmare

"Walk forward

"Walk forward."

You did as you were told.

"Pick up the gun."

You looked at your instructor.

"Pick. Up. The. Gun."

You slowly picked it up in your shaky hands, practically dropping it.

"Point it at the target."

You turned around to the man tied up to a wooden chair behind you, which a bag over his face.

Letting out a quiet sigh, you pointed it at the poor man.

You didn't want this. You didn't want this life. You wanted an escape. You've though about putting the gun to your own head before and just taking yourself out, but deep down inside, you knew there was a way out beside that and you'd find it.

"Shoot him."

You looked over at your instructor.

"Shoot him."

It wasn't like you've never done this before, this came naturally to you, but this time you were frozen. You couldn't do it. You just wanted to go back to your real home and cry into your pillow instead of having to be trained to be an assassin. And even if you did go back to your real hone, that place wasn't real in the first place, so there was no point.

"I said shoot him."

You licked the corner of your lip and put your finger on the trigger, ready to pull it, but you hesitated.

You knew if you were out there doing this seriously, you would've been killed by then. You still might be killed after this if they think you're a weakling.

"What are you waiting for, suka, shoot him!"

This time, you pulled the trigger without hesitation, the loud noise ringing in your ears, making you want to crawl up into a big ball on the floor.

You woke up drenched in sweat, panting, trying to get air into your lungs because you felt like you couldn't breathe.

Your girlfriend, Natasha Romanoff, turned over to face you.

"Y/N, what happened?" She asked.

"I had a...a nightmare." You confessed.

"Don't worry about it, N/N, it wasn't real, so it doesn't matter." Natasha reminded.

"But it felt so...real. Like it was actually happening, like I was actually holding the gun and pulling—."

You started to sob and Natasha pulled you into a hug, letting you sob into her chest for a bit.

You and Natasha had both formerly been in the Red Room together, but were both found by SHIELD and because agents of Shield then eventually part of The Avengers, using their talents for good.

"Look at me." Natasha demanded.

You looked up into her icy, blue eyes.

"You're one of the most powerful fighters I've ever met. It's okay to feel all of these emotions and of course you're going to have to carry that weight with you for the rest of your life, but you are strong and you are powerful and I know you can fight it even though it may seem hard. You're a fighter, Y/N."

You nodded and she gave you a kiss on the forehead.

"Just know I'm gonna kick your ass in training tomorrow." Natasha pointed.

"Eh, we'll see about that, Romanoff." You smirked.

The two of you gave each other a smile before getting back under the covers and drifting back off to sleep, finally having a peaceful dream.