Wanda Maximoff | Comfort

Ever since Pietro Maximoff, Wanda's twin brother died, Wanda's been very closed off. The red-head ate her meals in her room and only came out to take a shower or use the bathroom. She hasn't socialized either, for she would've let anyone go and see her.

Today, though, you were on a mission to get into Wanda's room.

You and Wanda liked each other and you both knew it. You two had this weird dynamic, but you weren't dating. Yet.

When you got back from your actual mission with Cap and Nat, you took a nice shower and changed into a pair of black leggings and one of Wanda's cropped sweaters she had let you borrow.

You then went to her room and stood outside of her door. You lifted your balled fist, ready to knock. For some reason, you were nervous to see the girl.

Letting out a small breath of air, you knocked on the door lightly.

You stood there for a moment waiting for an answer and when there wasn't one you went to knock again, but the door opened slowly.

When it was fully open, you found Wanda sitting on her bed playing with the red light that came out of her fingers when she used her powers.

"Wanda."

She did not reply.

"Um, may I come in?" You asked.

"The door is open, isn't it?" She said.

"Right, I know that. I just didn't know if...never mind."

You then stepped inside of her room. It smelled like vanilla. You loved that smell.

"Should I close the door?" You questioned.

"Sure."

You closed the door softly, then approached her bed.

"May I sit?" You asked.

You weren't sure why you were so nervous or asking so many questions. You hadn't even gone to her room for yourself, you went to check on her because you're worried.

She dropped her arms down to her sides.

"Y/N, just sit." She shook her head.

You sat down on the bed next to her.

"Sorry for being weird. I just came to check on you. You're not being yourself, Wan. I know it's because of Pietro, but—."

She winced at his name and you picked up on that.

"—but I'm sure he wouldn't want to to be upset like this. It's not like you don't have the right to be, because of course you do. You are so entitled to the way you feel, but he'd want you to keep going and not be stuck in this place." You said, trying to be as comforting as possible.

"I know that." Wanda replied. "It's just difficult."

"I understand. Well, not completely, but I understand that you are in pain. But it will get better. Just take it day by day." You continued.

Wanda nodded. "Thank you, Y/N. You've been very comforting. And...And I'm sorry for shutting you out."

"Hey, I know it was nothing personal."

"It was not."

She then grabbed my hand and I smiled at her. She smiled back.

It felt good to see Wanda smile again.

AUTHORS NOTE
here's an update! more coming soon!

muah,
lea <3