Creating New Bonds

3rd Person P.O.V.
Akutagawa and Chuuya stood there, mouths agape, unsure what to do next. An arm wrapped around both their shoulders and someone pulled them into their chest, "What are we doing just standing here?"

They both turned to see the familiar face of Nikolai, "Were you hiding from Y/n's brother too?"

Why would they hide but the better question was why did he hide?

After a moment of silence, Chuuya spoke up, "Why did you hide?"

"Why would I not hide? I'm a fugitive, Dos and I are still being looked for y'know." He let them go and sighed.

Akutagawa noticed Nikolai looking over his shoulder to the crowd behind him, the pale skinned male looked past the blond and caught another familiar face in the crowd of people, Atsushi. He seemed startled by Nikolai's presence to come closer.

He rolled his eyes and signaled him to come over, Atsushi awkwardly walked over, "Oh he's with you?"

"With Dazai more specifically." Chuuya answered, looking at the young man.

He immediately reacted by bowing his head multiple times, "H-Hi! I'm Atsushi Nakajima! I didn't mean for you to think I was following you! It wasn't intentional! I was just passing by and you caught my attention and before I knew it I was-"

Nikolai started laughing, "It's okay, you're harmless so I didn't think anything of it. I'm used to being tailed so I've gotten used to the feeling." He put his hand on Atsushi's shoulder, propping him to stand up straight.

The white haired man looked embarrassed and Akutagawa crossed his arms, "So, what do you want, Weretiger?"

"I wanted to ask about Dazai, he hasn't been coming to work or anything so I wanted to know if he was okay."

"He's fine." The dark haired male responded dryly, "He's helping Y/n out with mafioso affairs."

Atsushi looked at peace with this answer, however it was obvious to the other men he was still unsettled, Nikolai leaned over to him, "Why do you care so much about Dazai in the first place?"

"Because he's a coworker."

"And?" A loud smack was heard and Nikolai went to his knees, "Sorry about him, he loves getting into people's business."

Atsushi stood still, paralyzed by the intimidating aura that surrounded Fyodor, "Dos! That really hurt!" Nikolai pouted, standing up straight, the two's height difference wasn't big but it didn't make Fyodor any less intimidating.

"If you weren't trying to get involved in something that doesn't concern you, I wouldn't have hit you."

"Must you guys constantly fight?" Another voice chimed in, Atsushi looked to see a young woman standing beside Fyodor, tugging on his arm.

His attention turned to the woman before pointing at Nikolai, "He's an idiot. An idiot."

"No I'm not!" Nikolai scoffed, objecting.

"You're both idiots." She said before turning her attention to Atsushi, she approached him and extended her hand kindly, "I'm not sure if we've met, I'm Author-Chan."

"Hello, I'm Atsushi." He shook her hand and before smiling awkwardly.

"Sorry about them, they bicker a lot." She gave a soft chuckle before pointing to them, which they were indeed bickering.

"Oh no! It's not a problem at all! Dazai and Kunikida also tend to bicker."

"Dazai and Kuni- do you work at the Detective Agency with Dazai?"

"I do."

She smiled, "It sounds fun!" The young woman looked over at Chuuya and Akutagawa, "Let's go out for coffee or something!"

They nodded as she looked back over to Atsushi, "Wanna come?"

Atsushi smiled brightly, "I'd love to!"

Author-Chan found a quiet cafe down the street, "Are you sure it was okay to leave Nikolai and Fyodor there?"

"Yea, they'll notice we're gone soon."

"They sure do fight a lot." Chuuya sighed, laying his head on the table. Akutagawa nodded in agreement.

"They do, I'm sorry about that."

As Author-Chan got to know Atsushi better, Chuuya and Akutagawa were on their phones, texting one another.

Aku: They talk too much

Chuuya: Just bare it a little longer, let's hope Nikolai and Fyodor find us and make it more fun

"There you are." Fyodor walked up to the table and examined who was there, "Why'd you leave us there?"

"I wasn't going to deal with your bickering in a public place, let alone somewhere that's supposed to be quiet."

The tall man sat beside Author-Chan and mumbled a tiny "I'm sorry" that Atsushi was able to barely catch. He looked at the dark haired man confused and Fyodor's eyes darted his way and stared at him with a glare. Atsushi's head quickly turned the other way and he locked eyes with Akutagawa.

"What?"

"Nothing..." He felt defeated by the people around him, Chuuya was minding his business fumbling with the ribbon on his hat.

"Ahh my lovely partners." Nikolai stood in front of the table soaked in water.

"What the fuck happened?" Chuuya laughed before adjusting his hat back on his head.

"Well you see I-"

"No one cares about your dramatic ass." Fyodor rolled his eyes before kissing Author-Chan's cheek.

Nikolai's bright face soon turned gloomy, Atsushi got up and waved his hands around, "I-I want to know what happened!"

The blond stood up straight and began telling "The Amazing Nikolai's Story of Falling into a Pool Whilst Turning to Find Them."
——————————————————————