Shame

B/n's head suffered a devastating blow given by Akutagawa, although he was extremely prideful, all the pride he had vanished and he turned around to run.

He was too wounded to take on everyone by himself at this point and he was certain that if he stayed a moment longer, he would've died. He remembered Sigma who stood on the rooftop, the only person to not find him in the least bit intimidating, even when it came to his irrational mood swings.

He felt conflicted for a moment, should he go retrieve Sigma or should he run? B/n was a man who only ever thought of himself and the choice was crystal clear, if he wanted to live he had to abandon Sigma.

B/n took off running, Akutagawa swiftly catching him in a fatal punch to the face, like before, he quickly recovered and sent Akutagawa to the floor. Although he had a clear opportunity to kill him, he didn't take it. B/n was fleeing not fighting.

The pale man shouted out hopelessly, wanting someone to stop him, Atsushi flew by and chased the h/c man down. Y/n took off after him, gaining enough momentum to speed past Atsushi and in front of her brother.

Their e/c eyes met, staring intensely at one another.

"Having some trouble, B/n?" A voice called out, B/n whipped his head around to see Jono.

Breathing heavily, B/n mustered up a bit more strength to climb the building up to the light colored haired male, "What happened?"

"Mori's escaped." B/n said, placing his hands on his knees panting. Y/n didn't waste a second to attempt to deliver a kick to Jono's jaw, she was unsuccessful as he dodged it, that didn't make her give up, she used all the strength she could muster into attempting to defeat him.

Teruko jumped from the sky and her fist crushed the building, sending debris everywhere and the battlefield into even more chaos, she turned her head to B/n, "You okay?"

He nodded, placing his hand on the back of his injured neck, "Let me relax here for a second." He said weakly.

Teruko nodded, "We can take care of the rest, don't worry about it."

B/n's eyes shut.

The two Hunting Dogs jumped into action, Jono went for Kunikida first, only a few members of the Detective Agency were there, just as Yosano, Kenji, and Kunikida.

Teruko and Kenji went hand and hand in a battle as well. Yosano's main objective was to heal as many people as possible. Tachihara rushed to her and grabbed her arm, "Please! You've got to heal Gin!"

"Where is she?"

The young red haired man led Yosano to Gin, in hopes that she would be able to do something. The dark-haired woman closed her eyes and placed a hand on Tachihara's shoulder, "I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do."

"You have to be joking, right?! Please, do something!" Tears overflowed from his eyes and he lost all strength in his body.

Mori who was still extremely upset seeing the gruesome battle that has unraveled continues strong with his lethal blows. He was soon stopped by Jono, who he was taken aback by.

The Hunting Dogs were outnumbered and down a man, there was no possible way they'd win this fight. Teruko and Jono understood that so they delivered some finishing blows and retreated with B/n in hand.

The battle was finally over and they won but at what cost? The lives of those lost weren't worth it, Mori especially felt that way. He wasn't worth everyone, the good people, who died.

Tachihara caught a glimpse of Fyodor and Nikolai and immediately took flight, grabbing an injured Nikolai by his collar, "Where the fuck were you?! What took you so fucking long? Good people died today because of your mistake!"

The red haired man was livid and Nikolai's blank facial expression didn't subside that anger. He hit the blonde before the raven haired man, Fyodor, got involved.

"We did what we were told to do."

"Yea, too fucking late!" Tachihara screamed. The surviving members felt the exact anger Tachihara did.

"You did nothing to help us!"

"You practically left us for dead!"

"These Rat assholes didn't do shit but twiddle their thumbs!"

An uproar broke out and the two men were shamed severely for their actions, Nikolai seemed to have enough, however Fyodor stopped him from saying anything back. Mori stood firmly in front of the two men, "We're okay. We made it. Although not in one piece, there are wounds that were given to us today that will take years to heal. Never forget that these two men," He paused before stepping aside to let them look at Nikolai and Fyodor once more, "were the keys to this mission. Yes we've lost people and to those who have, I am sorry but if it wasn't for Nikolai and Fyodor, we would've all died and I mean all of us."

Y/n stood beside an injured Dazai, she looked at the two men with saddened eyes, she didn't believe it was their fault but the small crowd of surviving mafiosos were convinced, not even Mori's speech could sway them. They were going to blame everything on Nikolai and Fyodor.

"I share some of the blame as well for what happened here today." Dazai took his hand from Y/n's shoulder and limped forward, "My only job was to keep B/n distracted and because I couldn't do that we lost a lot of people."

Whispers began to go around. Opinions thrown into the air, a lot of them continued to blame Nikolai specifically, some blamed both Nikolai and Fyodor, and others blamed Dazai.

In the heat of the moment Y/n spoke up, "If you're going to bitch about who died and who survived, who's fault it was and whose fault it wasn't, leave. We all lost people today and I am thankful for everyone's hard work."

The two men looked at her but shame had already compromised their minds, although Fyodor felt shameful for a completely different reason. He couldn't protect Nikolai all the time he wanted and due to that the blond got wounded.

Nikolai wrapped his arms around Fyodor's shoulders, "Tough crowd, huh?"

Fyodor kissed his partner softly, laying his head against his chest, "Let's go home Niko."

The blond smiled, pulling the cloak over both of them and disappearing from the sunset sky.