The Letter

Your P.O.V. *At headquarters*
The executives sat around the table, leaving an empty seat for our former Ace.

"The Hunting Dogs will cause a problem if we continue to let them run around." Kouyou broke the heavy tension in the air. We were all on edge, the circumstances made everyone uncomfortable.

*Flashback to a few days ago*
3rd Person P.O.V.
Mori sat in his desk chair, bored. Usually when he felt this way he'd take Elise shopping however he was waiting for something.

Rebecca, his new assistant, had walked in with a envelope, "Boss."

His unamused glance followed her as she made her way to his desk. She placed it down with a smile before standing there with her hands behind her back.

The older man gave a light yawn before tearing the envelope open, seeing a letter fall out. He scanned over it then began to actually read it.

To the Boss of the Port Mafia,
The Hunting Dogs will personally shut down the entire organization. With help of inside forces we have identified that the Mafia poses more of a threat and therefore will be eradicated.

Mori blinked before reading it again in disbelief. He looked agitated however Rebecca said nothing but remained in her place.

At once, he summoned the remaining executives.

*Present time, back to Your P.O.V.*
I heard Chuuya let out a heavy sigh. Silence filled the room once again, "What do you propose we do?" I said, looking at Kouyou.

"We must have a mole." Akutagawa said quietly. Chuuya's head darted in his direction, "But who would be stupid enough to do something that reckless?! At this point we know, what would-"

"It's possible, if we had a mole they probably fled before the letter was sent, making sure we had no way of finding them." I cut Chuuya's angered voice off to give him a minute to calm down.

I looked over at Mori, "Boss, we have records of everyone who let the Port Mafia within years correct?"

He nodded, I could tell he was stressed. He looked like he hadn't slept in years. Kouyou spoke next, "Our first priority should be finding the mole, if we have one of course. We should remain on the defensive until we can have a good enough strategy."

Mori clasped his hands together, listening but it seemed like he was shaking. He was in a very unhealthy mindset and his living condition wasn't too good either.

"I'll handle it." I declared, "You three come up with a plan and Boss, get some rest. You look like you aged 50 years in one night."

Mori smiled before standing up, we both walked to the door, leaving the three executives behind.

I yawned, stepping out of the door, "You really need rest."

"I'll rest when this whole thing is over."

He changed the Mafia into what it is today and it is for that reason, I will happily lay down my life for the organization.

"You're taking too much responsibility Dad, you need to sleep for a little bit."

He let out a defeated sigh before nodding, "I'll go home later tonight."

"Tonight?! I meant n-...you know what- that's alright."

He patted me on my head before saying, "You should wear more dresses."

"After you dressed me up so much when I was little? No."

A small chuckle escaped his lips and a smile formed, "You're my best little girl Y/n." He pulled me into a hug, his hand rest on my head while his other wrapped around my shoulders.

"I'm not little anymore Dad." I lifted my hands to pat his back and I felt all the stress almost leave his body. In this moment, he was happy.

"I'll protect the Mafia with everything I got." He said determined as he pulled away from me.

"And I'll fight alongside you." I smiled.

We went our separate ways. I went down to a secret room where we kept the records. I grabbed all of them dating from 3 years ago, just to be sure.

I yawned before making my way home. Dazai greeted me at the door, "Baby~!"

"Hey Dazai."

"Soooo...how was your daaaay?"

"It was fine, Mori's really stressed out."

"Are those records?" He said, eyeing the files I was carrying. I nodded before placing them on the table and looked at him, "I'm going to spend my 20 minutes with Haruki and then we're going through the files, together."

He smiled before grabbing my hand, "Of course, just don't overwork yourself."
———————————————————————
okay so i have decided i am going to be ending the book soon, the next few chapters will be about B/n, Y/n, their relationship, this new conflict, steps they make, etc. after that will be a timeskip, just so everyone is aware of what we're doing. i'm still feeling very unmotivated so i don't know how long it will be before this book is actually finished, stay safe and hydrated lovelies❤️