not a secret anymore (requested)

Sofia's bright eyes moved up and down as she tried her very best to read each and every comment that fans were leaving on her live stream.

It's been quite some time since she was able to do one of these. She usually struggles to find the time to squeeze them in. But, sadly, with everything happening in the world right now, she's got more free time on her hands than she's had in a while.

But her fans are incredibly important to her and since she's alone in the bedroom right now, since you offered to make dinner for the both of you, she chose to pass the time by talking with them.

"I hope you're all doing well and staying safe now more than ever." She said, genuinely meaning every word that fell from her lips.

She found her smile growing as she read the kind words fans were leaving, such as how her movies and songs were getting them through all of the scary things happening.

They were asking her how she's been and what she's been up to during lockdown.

"Oh, uh," she said, trying to think of an answer to give that wasn't you. "I've been binge-watching some good shows. I used to not have the time but I've got some free time on my hands now. I've also been trying to write some music and pick up a couple of other hobbies."

She was so close to mentioning you. Your name was on the tip of her tongue and it took everything in her to keep it from spilling out.

Your relationship is very private. You've been together for several months, but no one knows about you being together, other than family members and your closest friends.

As much as being in lockdown sucks, it's brought you closer than ever before. You've been together for so long that you're quite serious and you've recently moved in together.

Of course, one day she'll share her happiness with the rest of the world. But she didn't plan on that anytime soon.

But, apparently, the universe had other things in mind.

Your phone was on silent and left upstairs, so you couldn't get distracted while you cooked. So, you had absolutely no knowledge of Sofia doing her live stream.

You quickly walked upstairs, excited to share the meal with Sofia that you worked hard on and think turned out really well.

"Sofia!" You yelled out as you reached the bedroom. "Baby girl, dinner is done."

The words had just fallen from your lips when you walked inside. Sofia was wide-eyed, looking shocked over your sudden appearance.

"What is it, baby?" You asked and she stared back at her phone screen and then cleared her throat.

"Come here." She spoke softly and patted the bed for you to sit down beside her as she scooted over. "Say hello to the world." She chuckled nervously as she nodded to her phone, where you noticed the comments appearing one after another every single second as well as the number of viewers and the word 'live' on her screen.

"Oh my gosh," you gasped. "Sofia, I swear I didn't mean to. I had no idea you were doing this."

She adjusted her phone so you'd both be on the screen.

"Everyone, meet my girlfriend, y/n." She said and sent you a sweet smile as she placed her hand over yours. "We've been dating for a while now. I didn't tell anyone because she's very important to me and we wanted to be private. But I guess it's not a secret anymore, since someone crashed my live stream." She teased you as she booped your nose with a laugh.

She kissed your cheek lovingly and you waved to the fans. You were a little too shy to say much of anything, especially considering there were hundreds of thousands of people watching and you weren't used to anything like that.

"I should get going, but I love you all and I'll try to do another one of these soon," Sofia said before blowing a few kisses and ending the live stream.

She sighed and turned to look at you.

"Sofia, I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" She asked, her voice soft as she reached to tuck a lock of hair behind your ear. "I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"No. I love you. We're in a very serious and committed relationship. I was going to have to tell the world someday, you just so happened to make that day today."

You chuckled and put your head on her chest.

"It's going to be a complicated and tough couple of days from here on out. People are going to spread this around and people are going to give you their opinions, even though you didn't ask for them. That's sadly what my life consists of. But, we can handle that, right?"

"Definitely, Sofia." You smiled. "I know we can get through anything. We've got each other."

"Exactly. So, don't worry about what people say. I've got you."

"I love you." You whispered as you pecked her lips.

"I love you more." She whispered back to you.

She felt as if a weight was lifted from her shoulders. She doesn't ever have to hide you or the happiness you bring her from the rest of the world anymore and she was overjoyed about that.