I'm right here (requested)

"Baby," Sofia sighed as she laid down on her side next to you in bed. "You've got to get some sleep tonight."

She pulled your phone out of your hand and put it down on the nightstand, making you whine and stare at her with a pout on your lips.

"I know what you're doing, babe. You can't stay on your phone all night. You have to get some sleep. Stop fighting it."

She could see by the look in your eyes that you're exhausted. It's no wonder as to why since you haven't been sleeping much lately.

You've been having very bad dreams. Sometimes they're extremely vivid, other times they're just completely terrifying, and it's happened every night for the last week or so.

Understandably, it's made you feel anxious and restless. You don't want to have to continue experiencing them, so you just try to stay awake.

Now your lack of sleep is catching up with you and Sofia is getting very worried about you.

"I don't want to." You mumbled. "I don't want to sleep. I don't want to have those dreams again. They linger with me and I'm scared of having them again." You confessed with a shaky breath, your fingers shaking slightly.

"Shh, it's okay, baby." She shushed softly and then pulled you close, her arms wrapped comfortingly around you before she began to kiss across your cheek lovingly.

"You have to try. Just close your eyes. I'm right here with you. I'll hold you close and keep you safe." She promised and then began to play with your hair with one hand while using her other to rub your back.

"Just relax. I've got you, baby. Close your eyes. If those bad, vivid dreams come back, just know that I'm right here with you." She whispered in your ear and then kissed your neck a few times.

She quietly sang your favorite song to you and she did all she could to help you relax, hoping you'd fall asleep.

And it worked, just as she hoped.

Just a few minutes later, she heard your soft breaths and she smiled to herself.

"I love you, sweet girl. I hope you have sweet dreams tonight. If you need me, I'm here." She whispered and kissed your head a couple of times before she closed her eyes and laid her head on yours, hoping tonight would be a better night for you.